• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jayfishin

2011 Elk Hunt

Jayfishin

So i read that the mnr is going to allow a limited elk hunt this fall on the bancroft herd. My dad was down that way last fall doing a deer hunt and they spotted numerous elk in the area (and a few moose as well). It will be interesting to see what the draw setup will be and tag/licence costs. Any thoughts on the topic?

Jay

Guest Rick H

I wouldn't be surprised. The herd numbers are doing well there. We moose hunt in the panhandle of Algonquin Park and most of the guys in our camp live around Bancroft and have spotted quite a few. I think the area south of Hwy 28 and east of Hwy 62 would be fairly decent in numbers.

BuckNut

Are you guys thinking what I am, like we all apply for tags and go down in big groups and treat them the way we get it from the southerners in moose season? Nah, actually I think we're better than that. We could show them how to do it with class, that is if the MNR allows northerners in the draw!! Seriously though it would be a great hunt.

Bill Arnott

I think I'll be going if I can draw one :D

>Bill

CRESTINER BOATS SMITHS RV BRENNEN FORD THUNDERBAYFISHING.COM

Jayfishin
I think I'll be going if I can draw one :D

>Bill

I was just watching Michigan out of doors where the segment was showcasing the annual elk hunt. Pretty good show, a young hunter, who has a rare kidney disease condition, gets a donated tag from another terminally ill hunter and then bags a nice bull. The successful tag winners at the pre-hunt meeting were pretty stoked, a few refered to its as 'winning the lottery or maybe better'. One guy, Bob Garner, who has been a food critic on the show in years past, had been applying for 27 years and finally drew a cow. Watchin the show got me to thinking it would be alot of fun. May be worth a try at the draw depending on the tag cost and season dates.

Jay