• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Buck 120

Fuel prices

Where do you buy your gas?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. I buy my fuel from:

• I purchase fuel at one of the Mission First Nation Gas Bars
    • I purchase Fuel in Thunder Bay
    • I do not live in Thunder Bay I purchase fuel where I live

Buck 120

With fuel prices in town hitting $1.30 a litre, I wonder how many of us fill up at one of the Fisrt Nation gas bars. I know I fill up at THP regularly where the price is currently $1.08 for non-status.

I tried creating a poll with the following questions but it did not save the poll:

-I purchase fuel at one of the Mission First Nation Gas Bars

-I purchase Fuel in Thunder Bay

-I do not live in Thunder Bay I purchase fuel where I live

(Roger or someone that is familiar with it, can you create the poll for me?)

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

WalleyeWayne

The line-up for gas at THP ought to get backed up right to the bridge now with the prices rising! It's where I go for gas.

fishman1

i guess i fill up on the mission. who in their right mind wouldnt? its almost a buck a gallon cheaper. its the freshest and cheapest gas in canada. over the course of a year, it amounts to great savings.

ty16

I live about 15-20km from the reserve and they've definatly got my business the past few months.

The drive and the wait in line is still worth it.

And they're always friendy at THP.

crisop

i'm out working in sask and filled up the company truck with diesel yesterday for 1.49 a liter. I was on empty and put in almost 130 liters, good thing the compnay footed the almost $195 fuel bill

by the way gas is 1.19 a liter out here right now

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Guest Patch

Shoulda added " I drive to the border and fill up. " 95c a litre down there right now and money at par.

Buck 120

Ya I did not even consider the states. That is where I fill up when I hunt down by the border.

Lyle Reiner

I just started going to THP..

and will continue now that gas prices will probably skyrocket even more with the earthquake in japan...

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

nwodeerhunter

I have been filling up at the Canadian Tire stations, With the Canadian Tire Money I get back I save it untill i get enough then go and get a gift card and use it for Gas.

it's a vicious circle. LOL

It's way better then Air Miles though

Tikka T3 Stainless/Laminate 300 WSM
Tikka T3 Stainless/Synthetic .243Win
Benelli Supernova RealTree APG 12Ga.

NorthwestHunter

The superstore gas station is 1.25/ litre as opposed to 1.30 everywhere else in town. Plus you get superstore bucks back, I put in $50 dollars or so and got back $2.50 to spend in the store....pretty much money back.

Whitetail hunting, not just a 3 month season...a 12 month obsession

WalleyeWayne

$3.51 gallon here to day in St. Petersburg, Florida B) . I am missing Squeers this year but not hard to take when it's 25C! Bring on the sun!! :D

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

i drive to THP if i dont do a beer/package run to Rydens and get gas there. but i always take the wifes van and fill a few cans for my truck and ATV if i go to reserve.

still baffled about people filing up in town?????WHY support the gouging??? even dryden is 5 cents cheaper, we getting hosed

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Guest Ol Big Moose

Well since crossing the border is not an option for some of us I`ve decided to bite the bullet and marry into full status. $0.98 a litre.(still wondering if this is really worth the savings HAHAHAHA)

Guest terminal tackle

What i dont understand is when the price of a barrel of oil goes up they up the price right away,but when it drops it takes about a month an ahalf before it comes down,or about every two weeks before a long weekend you here on the radio that some east indian lost his wallet so the price of gas going up (why is that).It is worth it to drive to the Reserve to fuel up .

eddylives

The only problem myself and a few others noticed with the res gas is the fuel milage is not as high as other fuel sources.

My gas pig f-150 will get 400 km/tank from town fuel but gets 75 -100 km less from the fuel on the res.

Has anyone else noticed a drop in milage while using res fuel?

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Travis Schallock
The only problem myself and a few others noticed with the res gas is the fuel milage is not as high as other fuel sources.

My gas pig f-150 will get 400 km/tank from town fuel but gets 75 -100 km less from the fuel on the res.

Has anyone else noticed a drop in milage while using res fuel?

You shouldn't get any different mileage, no matter where you get your gas. Most of it comes from the same tanks, even the same trucks hauling it. But I cold be wrong, the times I've been there I haven't seen who is dropping their fuel. But I do know McDougall fuels, based in Sault Ste. Marie, controls a lot, if not most, of the fuel that is sold. They do Esso, Petro-Can, Shell, Can-Op for sure, they just contract out the hauling to someone else, like Paul's Hauling. McDougall pretty well controls the price of gas in our area, they give the price to everyone, and the stations are just working on a small margin.

For instance they would charge an extra $0.04 to haul fuel 250Km to Geraldton, then another $0.06 to go another 65km to Nakina. And there is nothing we can do about it.

Travis Schallock

Nakina Fish and Game Club - President

Buck 120

Pye Bros Fuels hauls to THP. So it is Esso fuel. There should be no difference in fuel.

WalleyeWayne

If there is a difference it is that the fuel should be fresh given that it turns over so quickly. :D

Lyle Reiner

Ya Pye brothers fuels up THP 2-3 times a day sometimes.

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

crisop

in Kamloops, BC gas is now 131.9 and diesel is 139.9. Well thats what i paid this morning

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Guest jj1

anybody been to ryden's this week? last week it was 1.02 canadian. worth the drive for the 145 liters my truck takes.

Guest jackfish pete

My solution to outrageous gas prices: make my own gas :P

First, buy plenty of canola oil at your nearest grocery store. Oxydize it with a bike pump. Finally, mix in molten pencil shavings for your lead. If it will not ignite easily enough, add some propane, butane, white gas, or even bug spray. When it is all mixed, it still only costs about 90 cents per litre! :D

WalleyeWayne

My solution to outrageous gas prices: make my own gas :P

First, buy plenty of canola oil at your nearest grocery store. Oxydize it with a bike pump. Finally, mix in molten pencil shavings for your lead. If it will not ignite easily enough, add some propane, butane, white gas, or even bug spray. When it is all mixed, it still only costs about 90 cents per litre! :D

Gotta luv those that strive to advance technology! WAYTOGO Pete! :D