• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest Dan

A day out for Grouse

Guest Dan

Yesterday I had some free time so I decided to go for a drive and check out the Ruffed Grouse situation. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I was only gone for 4 hours and I bagged 3, missed 2 :blush: , and saw 9 in total. It's been a few years since I've had that kind of action. I also was fortunate enough to round a corner in a trail and find myself about 75 yards from a young Bull Moose. He was unaware of my presence, which gave me some time to get some decent photos. Here's a few shots from the day.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Guest Dan

Very nice pics Dan. Is that mountain part of the Norwesters?

Yes it is Tracker. I was southwest of the city towards the border. Thanks for the comment.

crisop

nice photos got out today and i managed to get our 5 up spurce river, saw 12 though

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Guest Dan

love that wood duck.

Just how common/rare are Wood Ducks around here? I don't believe I've ever seen one before. In fact, I had to do some research to find out what type of duck that this was. Absolutley beautiful birds...

seppi

:) Pretty common this time of year and the spring to of course when they are on the move !!

Seppi