• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest massaro

steelhead

Guest massaro

i know theres still ice everywhere but has anyone had any luck by the mouths of the rivers in town at all from shore or in any open pools? or are they ll still completly frozen over?

im statring to get a little anxcious this time last year i had been out already:P

fishman1
i know theres still ice everywhere but has anyone had any luck by the mouths of the rivers in town at all from shore or in any open pools? or are they ll still completly frozen over?

im statring to get a little anxcious this time last year i had been out already:P

hold yer horses, she will be a bit yet.

Guest troutsandy

second that motion. Still pretty solid out there, spring break up is expected mid April according to environment canada

brookiebuster

I have seen a few open spots on some rivers around town,still going to be a while.I will start fishing for em' next week possibly.Ive been tying up some new fly patterns all winter.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Guest massaro
I have seen a few open spots on some rivers around town,still going to be a while.I will start fishing for em' next week possibly.Ive been tying up some new fly patterns all winter.

i know that last week in the grandmarais area they had already been catching fish in the open holes on the rivers

gsambray

well of to current river for me. theres some open spots there

walleyebob
well of to current river for me. theres some open spots there

yes there is a half decent hole open up near the boat launch there not much room tho for more than 2 people to fish , thats if there are even any fish there yet

gsambray

worth a shot plus if i do get one i can rub it into my other stealhead buddies lol

Lyle Reiner

looks like i know where ill be this weekends morning lol

gsambray arent you on TBAEC too?

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

gsambray

yep new to that one just a couple of days on there

Guest Smack Um

Holly Yeah these things take time boy don't rush it It will be a while before they get behind Grandma's House Yet!

But I will let you know at least there will be enough water this year thank god! :o

Patrick

fisherdude
looks like i know where ill be this weekends morning lol

gsambray arent you on TBAEC too?

well il probably see you down there or on other open pools n holes...n on tbaec to haha didnt think you went on there anymore lyle

Fishbum

Headed out today....fish on, maybe i'll get the first hen of year to replenish my supply lol!!

bring on the rain!!!!

shmanks
Headed out today....fish on, maybe i'll get the first hen of year to replenish my supply lol!!

bring on the rain!!!!

let us know how it goes!

Lyle Reiner

Ya let us know. And Jeff since your viewing this thead too, let's go tomorrow morning lol

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Fishbum

Well you really want to know...hmmm lol still frozen C*Ck stiff everywhere.....flow hasn't really increased much! We need some warm nights or a good rain, to get those temps increaseing....i gave er an honest shot, but not even a sniff. cruised by the mouth of the current and mcvicar just for curiousity sakes and there is not much water in either, and rivers all 90% ice still.

Time to do a rain dance i think!!

gsambray

anyone ever sneak out on the mouth and put a few holes in? i know the ice will be a little sketchy or a lot but the rivers wont open fast enought for me LOL

walleyebob

i was down at the current river yesterday and was thinking about how walking out would pay off probally accept that i would probally fall through the ice so i decided to stay on land think ill try mid week again sometime

gsambray

it does look pretty sketchy

seppi

:angry: I can't take this anymore ,but isn't it STEELHEAD fishing !! Why in the hell would you want to steal somebodies head ???? :wacko::wacko:

Seppi :fire:

Some Old Guy

Ha Seppi!

I fixed the spelling seconds before you posted that!

Roger

P.S. did you get my PM?

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

uncle
Ha Seppi!

I fixed the spelling seconds before you posted that!

Roger

Thank you, thank you. :D

gsambray

should be steal head since when the run is on and you turn around to re-bait your hook or tie on a different fly someone always steals your spot

Fishbum

haha...come on we don't need turn this into one of those wars already....the seasons just starting. lets at least get one picture of the first bow on here before that begins lol

I've been tring the river mouths...still frozen pretty tight..i'm sure the fish are starting to stage up, but we need some real inflow to get them in turning on. maybe monday will bring some better luck!

Just for the hell oof it should have a little friendly compition to seee who can post the first picture of the first steelhead for the year?? anyone game..

seppi

That was funny Roger because when I checked my post right after, the spelling was corrected,I was going what the hell !!! :huh::huh: P.S ....Yes I did get your message !

Seppi