• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest massaro

steelhead

Guest TCom

Anyone have any news on rivers down towards the Sault? They're usually a couple weeks ahead of ours up here, and I know I would rather travel a few hours than fish our rivers and get wiped out by an ice flow.

Fishbum
Anyone have any news on rivers down towards the Sault? They're usually a couple weeks ahead of ours up here, and I know I would rather travel a few hours than fish our rivers and get wiped out by an ice flow.

Ya i grew up just north of the sault ...fished there my whole life till i moved to T bay, buddies are getting them through the ice at river mouths few a few weeks now....rivers are still 50% frozen, and nothing has really moved up them yet. waters to low and cold....give it a week or two and some good rain, and they will definatly be in full force!!

walleyebob

went to the current river today for a short amount of time to check it out there is alot more water in there now pools are starting to get deeper as well hopefully im there for the first fish that decides to give a try ;)

gsambray

anyone hear pf how the wolf river is doing? i usually get a few out of there. just wondering if its opening up yet or not

Fishbum
anyone hear pf how the wolf river is doing? i usually get a few out of there. just wondering if its opening up yet or not

water levels are still not very high in there...i havn't seen it but i'm pretty sure it still has lots of ice in it....i monitor that rivers water levels for work, and i have been checking it daily! it was higher a week ago than it is now.

gsambray

hopefully soon then hopefully soon. but on a higher note but not wanting to start a stampede, I can say I officially lost my first steelhead of the season this evening at the current river. it darted out from under the ice, hit my lure and the fight was on until it went back under the ice and cut my line. <_<

but it was a heck of a sight to see. cant wait for the ice to be gone and successfully land one.

walleyebob

i had the same thing happen today accept my reaction time was terribleand did not get a chance to set the hook but it took it right where the ice starts at the mouth

gsambray

I was not expecting a hit that hard and fast this early. they come out from under the ice like a rocket. even in the full run I dont think I have ever had one hit that hard ever

brookiebuster

Maybe a tuna rod with 500lb line will help land you a steelie without cutting him off in the ice :lol: Still going to be a few weeks till im out there.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

shmanks

looks like we are going to get some warmer weather coming up soon :) 8 to 9 degrees each day

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

and we are gonna have some heavy flow as still 2-3 feet snow from dorion up to obonga, and that's a poopy poop-ton of water . im expecting to have my favorite creek stacked with em this spring , unlike the last.

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

gsambray

didnt you get any last year? seems like evryone and there dog got bows last spring

shmanks
didnt you get any last year? seems like evryone and there dog got bows last spring

haha no :( i had only been able to hook into a couple but never got one in

walleyebob

his time will come im sure of it

gsambray

for sure i have gone years without landing any. last year was my best ever landed at least 25 successfully (all released) and hooked but lost countless. low water was a big help but not as fun

gsambray

for sure i have gone years without landing any. last year was my best ever landed at least 25 successfully (all released) and hooked but lost countless. low water was a big help but not as fun

Fishbum
hopefully soon then hopefully soon. but on a higher note but not wanting to start a stampede, I can say I officially lost my first steelhead of the season this evening at the current river. it darted out from under the ice, hit my lure and the fight was on until it went back under the ice and cut my line. <_<

but it was a heck of a sight to see. cant wait for the ice to be gone and successfully land one.

Right on man......it sure would be a heart breaker to lose that!! how far out was the ice when you were there....same as it was on sat sun basically?? i'm thinking i 'm going to have to check that ice today after work and see if i can get on it!!

Then watch out :o

Lyle Reiner

I've never caught one. I plan on catching one this year tho

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin
and we are gonna have some heavy flow as still 2-3 feet snow from dorion up to obonga, and that's a poopy poop-ton of water . im expecting to have my favorite creek stacked with em this spring , unlike the last.

"poopy poop" ???? wow did i get just get moderated!!!!

no secret creek for you!! but i will send pics of them sunbathing in 2 inches of water. :P

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

fishman1
"poopy poop" ???? wow did i get just get moderated!!!!

no secret creek for you!! but i will send pics of them sunbathing in 2 inches of water. :P

unfortunately thats the way it was last year. 2 inches of water. hopefully we get some water this year to make it sporting.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Was just at the mouth of the Current River for a few hours. Tried drifting and throwing spoons. Enough water to fish, but still needs a little more time.

Brodie K.

gsambray

let your lure get pullued under the ice and then bring it out fairly quickly and you will probably get a strike. it seems that they have been hiding under the ice but when they stike its at full force

Lyle Reiner

I was just down at the mouth, and there really isnt enough flow to pull any spoon, what ice were you talking about? the main lake ice or just one of the big chunks?

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Guest FreshwaterFisherman
I was just down at the mouth, and there really isnt enough flow to pull any spoon, what ice were you talking about? the main lake ice or just one of the big chunks?

I was using very light spoons and kind of bouncing them back under the ice. The water isn't moving too fast but with the right spoon you can bounce it a few feet back under the ice. The main lake ice that is, at the mouth.

Brodie K.