• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jayfishin

stocked speck/splake lakes

Jayfishin

I am going to take my kids out for the day tomorrow. Right now planning on Stephens Lake, but open to suggestions depending on on any recent success?

Thx in advance,

Jay

Iron Ranger

You are very fortunate to have so many Spec lakes in your area. Your MNR does a good job with them. Here in No. MN we have quite a few small lakes that are stocked with Rainbows, Browns and splake. In our county I think we have one lake that has Specs in it. You are blessed. I fish White Otter quite a bit during the year and have been fortunate on a windy day to fish a local Spec lake. It gave me a 7 ib. spec for the wall. My buds have caught several from 5-7 lbs. also. The most beautiful fish IMO. Have a great time with your son, I remember the days.

• Like 1

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

sinker7

Went to Stephens the first of December. Heard stories of these in there but this was the first one I ever caught. Caught lots of splake from the lake in the last twenty years but the splake fishing has been tough for myself in the last few years.

post-152-0-45741800-1387849402_thumb.jpg

eyelander

I have never heard of them in there, and they are not listed as being in there in any resource I have seen.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

joks

Went to Stephens the first of December. Heard stories of these in there but this was the first one I ever caught. Caught lots of splake from the lake in the last twenty years but the splake fishing has been tough for myself in the last few years.

/>http://fishingboard.thunderbayfishing.com/index.php?showtopic=6664&hl=stephens

We caught them there in 2009

RH.

Splake are 10 times easier to catch in my opinion, if you and your kids go for splake expect a lot of bites

pbear

Looking to take my kids out for some trout on Saturday morning if the snow comes later in the day. Any suggestions? I heard that the bite at pass lake is not a guarantee but it is definitely close to town.

bin fishin lots

How have people been doing? I've been out quite a few times and it's been slow to nothing for me.