• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kbrest

Near Record Whitefish

Iron Ranger

Kudos!

It looks almost like what we call a baby Tarpon.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Kyle was definitely working harder than the rest of us yesterday, and it sure paid off. It was quite the sight to see this fish come up a 6 inch hole that has been iced in a few times so was now about 5. The fish barely fit. I don't know how it did to be honest. We were actually fishing on the ideal side of the island to begin with, but the wind was howling and it just wasn't enjoyable, we circled the island until we were out of the wind and dealt with the water we had in front of us, it didn't seem ideal but we fished it anyway, thank god, otherwise Kyle wouldn't have this trophy. I don't know if I will ever get one that big, but it sure was awesome to see this beast come out of relatively shallow water.

fisherdude

Wow that's a hog, congrats man

Eyeguy

Holy crap. Very nice. You'll always have that to look back on. Congrats.

WalleyeWayne

Great fish - congrats!

McGinnis_Fishing

Thats crazy! If only it were a record that would be cool!

Lineguy

Good haul fella's...

"This ain't dress rehearsal....it's the life you get to live, make it a good one."

A.F. & A.M.

Some Old Guy

What a beast of a whitefish!

Must have had the ol' ticker pumping rapidly!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Barrski

Great fish, must have been a great fight. One in a life time, enjoy

68camaro

That's a beauty!!! Fire up the smoker!!

brookiebuster

Beautiful whitey!! Congrats.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

just getting into whitties myself, nice catch!

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

jrock

Couple years back I got a lunker out that way too. Put it on the rapala digital scale and it was just over 12 pounds. We got 10 white fish that day and the smallest was 5 pounds. Not sure if I have a pic ? I will take a look and post it if I do. Big fish and awsome fight but not as good tasting as the smaller whiteys out of Kama bay. We use to see schools of 50+ coming through on the under water camera but the size and numbers have gone way down the last 2 years . Hope they are making a come back. Would always get some steelhead , lakers and of course herring. What a great place to live! If this was southern ontario we would be elbow to elbow with other fisherman . Here your lucky to see a few pop up shelters across the bay. I love this place!

jrock

And congratulations to you. That is an awsome fish. Try the white fish florentine recipe by Gord pyzer on the out door canada web site. It's very good. Also watched a Infisherman show on alternate species the other day and they said that white fish is among the healthiest fish to eat. right up there with Salmon with all those omega 3 healthy people seem to care about!

• Like 1

Jared720

Beautiful Fish, Congrats!

NorthwestHunter

That's an unbelievable catch! Congratulations. One of my favourite species to catch. My biggest was around 6 pounds. That fish fought amazing. I can't even imagine how that one fought!!!

Whitetail hunting, not just a 3 month season...a 12 month obsession

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Based on what I can find (please correct me if I'm wrong) this whitefish is as long or longer than the world record, which appears to be the same as the ontario record. I can find the world record listed as 29.5 inch, 14.77 lb. Kyles is 29.52. Sure there is quite the weight gap, but even still, to have caught a fish even equal to the world record length would be quite the accomplishment, I found these lengths on the IGFA website, as well as a few others. I have seen photos of a 32-33 so there are bigger out there, but even still.

kbrest

Haha I wish I could say its my spot. It was actually option B to get out of the wind.

Cant wait to hit the ice again!

Guest taxidan

Congrats on an awesome catch! Those paper mouthed whities can be tough to keep on sometimes. Good job bringing one that size up thru the hole especially a 6 incher!

pbear

Awesome catch! From the way they fight in the summer, when you tie into a good one it fights as well as a smallmouth. It must have been a challenging fight.