• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AmateurHourAngling

Must Have Lures...

AmateurHourAngling

I started fishing steelhead this year and I know it's a little early for this but what are some must have lures to produce lots of fish. I was gifted a Cabelas gift card and I want to spend it on steelhead supplies..thanks

-JADEN

Lyle Reiner

Yaaaaa bud. I can't tell you what to use other then a massive treble hook. But I don't think anyone's fishing till August lol

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Yarn flies, glo bugs, spin and glos, bead flies, bright raps and spoons for the mouths, ie. clown x raps blue fox pixies and little Cleos. If your into flies, pink and purple wooly buggers, decievers, muddler minnows, even some gold ribbed hares ears when the bite is tough. There are a ton of other choices, I'm sure others will chime in.

walleyewarrior

Sinkers, hooks and mesh netting to tie roe bags. Of course you need some roe first.

James01

Sinkers, hooks and mesh netting to tie roe bags. Of course you need some roe first.

Of course, being Steelhead fishing "WW" means treble hooks... ;)

I am kidding (and I didn't mean to suggest that "WW" uses trebles). Its just a common practice on many of 'our' Steelhead rivers - and from what I have witnessed, practiced by novices and some 'experts' alike. The 'experts' are just better at covering it up.

Roe and mesh is my way to go... I have had good success with cured roe. It remains edible, so its a handy snack if you get hungry while out on the river. :)

As I mentioned in the Steelhead video thread, I have been getting the itch to catch me some steelies. I am probably going to start tying roe bags before too long. Ice out - otherwise known as June this year, is approaching.

I use as few sinkers as possible, small/medium sized octopus hooks, and a dime-nickle sized bag of roe.

Many Men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

- Henry David Thoreau