• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pbear

Ice lifting?

pbear

I heard through the grapevine that black bay is covered in water. Are any other lakes close to lifting? Last weekend for pickerel fishing. That only leaves pike, perch (and maybe specks...not sure) whitefish...

AB

I heard through the grapevine that black bay is covered in water. Are any other lakes close to lifting? Last weekend for pickerel fishing. That only leaves pike, perch (and maybe specks...not sure) whitefish...

I drove back from Winnipeg on Thursday afternoon. Not one lake showed any sign of the ice lifting anywhere along the way.

Stopped to fish West Hawk Lake - beside the ON border - it was a slush fest, 1" - 4" of water over 40" of hard black ice. I had to make an island for the dog to sit on.

Creeks and some rivers were starting to open up, so if you are going near moving water take a few minutes to consider what is going on below.

My icefishing clothing should be dried out soon, might give it one more try on Sunday, but I expect to get wet from the Rain or Snow or Slush.

What a winter, glad it's nearly over!

iceman

fishman1

The ice has not even come close to lifting. I spoke with an angler that fished black bay and only caught 1 perch.

• Like 1

Guest Hauntedyards

Still almost 4 feet of ice in some spots at Lac... lol With the Auger extension on in-laws almost drilled to the motor.

sinker7

Lots of water on the ice. Up to 10" in some places. Not much snow. Ice thickness has dropped by 8-10".

pbear

Any hope ice will lift by next weekend? I heard that Starnes has foot of snow, foot of slush and lots of ice. Walleye will be closed but perch still open. Maybe black bay will be a go.

Tyler

Careful everyone. I'm in a shallow bay in silver harbor. Took the sled out to pay in the slush and found open water. The sun can see the bottom because it's only 4 feet deep, but it's still thick way out. Just watch your rear end from now on. Not getting any thicker!

Guest flyinfinn

Ice was lifting on shebandowan saterday, 6inches of water and slush where we were fishing not much snow.

crazyctr

Any hope ice will lift by next weekend? I heard that Starnes has foot of snow, foot of slush and lots of ice. Walleye will be closed but perch still open. Maybe black bay will be a go.

lots of slush on the bay yet another week and it should be better still over 4 feet of ice yet

hbaits.jpg

Guest scott324

The water had gone through the ice on most places we drove on Rainy on Saturday. Caught 11 nice walleye. Not much snow left around that area.