• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Castnblast

GWC - Day 1

Castnblast

i here Roger is in the lead - at least i think it's roger - with 17lbs after day 1.

Sounds like good fishin!

Good luck tomorrow!

sliver

17.65 for roger and Jeff ronney second place 15 pounds good lead heading into day two

Lyle Reiner

Was a good day for most today. Just not us. Congrats to the top ten!

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

sliver

Roger and Jeff took the win with day two weight of 12.25 total two day of 29.90 new tourney record way to go guys

• Like 1

WalleyeWayne

Congrats to Roger and Jeff and to my brother Andy Smith & partner Bruce Hewitson for finishing 2nd.

Trevor Zimak

The rest of what I know:

1. Roger Mayer / Jeff Rooney 29.90
2. Bruce Hewitson / Andy Smith 25.5ish
3. Denis Martin / Perry Caverson 23.8ish
4. Keith Hryciw / Darolyn Hryciw 23.5ish
5. Ken Casey / Andrew Bennet 22.91
6. Trevor Zimak / Glenn Leroux 22.50
7. Tom Mitrovic / Chris Veil 20.5ish

that's all I remeber. Im sure more exact results will be available soon

Huge congrats to Roger and Jeff for bringing in weight that will likely NEVER be beat. Also, a big congrats to fellow bass man Bruce and his partner for an impressive finish on the walleye scene. :) Oh...

Ryan / Lyle 0.74 today (ish) 100th (ish)... and the ribbing continues... :) :)

• Like 1

Fishbum

Congrats roger !! Nice finish but I hate to admit itim more proud of Lyle and Ryan they beat last yr weight ! Improvement is always good I'm told haha

Barrski

Congrats Roger & Jeff, well done, very impressive weights

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Congrats roger !! Nice finish but I hate to admit itim more proud of Lyle and Ryan they beat last yr weight ! Improvement is always good I'm told haha

I'm proud of me too. Throttle cable broke, no prefish. Fixed boat.

Culling overs day 1 ,and day 2 we actually caught a fish!!! Ahh I'm gonna miss that lake.

Congrats Roger Rooney. And of course Mr Smith./ Bruce.

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Brad Rissanen

Congrats guys, that's an impressive weight!

Guest Rooney

I want to thank Roger for asking me to be his partner in this tournament. Despite saying no to him the first two times he asked, his persistence had me change my mind. Roger is known as the Geraldton bridge troll, but I must admit, I am now a believer!!! Roger is a superb angler with a high degree of patience.

I also want to thank D&R and Silver Minnow Bait shop for sponsoring us!!!

I've been fishing tournaments for many years and it's refreshing to to have nothing major happen that affects the outcome. I've had big bags but weighed in late (time change issues on the cell phone when fishing upper shebs), I've inadvertently thrown out one too many fish (which knocked me out of the money), I've had partners forget to wake me up on day two, I've lost big fish (the big one that got away story), etc.......... I want to thank everyone for buying me beer Saturday night and particularly Kyle Monkman for letting me drink straight from his vodka bottle..........just can't duplicate that shake!!!!

My wife has a habit of rolling her eyes each time I leave for a tournament and I tell her I want to win. I might not win another one but at least she won't be so quick to roll those eyes. I think she has the money spent already which is fine because it's never been about the money for me anyway (although it's a welcomed bonus).

A thank you goes out to Cory Nephin for providing us accommodations and all the guys at our campsite which made this tournament truly enjoyable. Thank you to "the mechanic" from Geraldton that helped fix our motor Saturday night and enabled us to get to our spot for day two (even though we barely made it back).

Congratulations to the top ten teams which brought in impressive weights.

Jeff

Some Old Guy

Thanks!

Jeff was a major part in us winning this year. He cranked in our big fish and gave our weight a two pound cull upgrade!!

Day two was pretty slow and I always have had bad day two days there. We started off catching very small fish but picked away and was able to put together a good day two weight.

Thanks Jeff for saying yes and fishing the GWC as a team!

Roger

• Like 1

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Lyle Reiner

Congrats again, I didn't want to announce it when I updated from the weigh in, I let someone else have that honour

Yes that lake humbled us day two again, I think I washed every crank and lure in my collection, I even through a senko at one time. I think the statement "90% of the fish are in 10% of the water" holds true in that lake.

I'm proud of our results, especially with no prefish and overcoming a very large obstacle.

Congrats again to Roger, Jeff, Bruce, Andy and the rest of the top ten. Once again thanks to Cory and Donna, and the rest of the volunteers. You put on a top notch event.

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Lyle Reiner

Apparently they had lock jaw!

post-1389-0-89784000-1403541245_thumb.jp

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Fishbum

Lyle those look like bass not walleye lol. Is that why u threw a senko ... Remember SSS isn't for another month lol.

No worries I know the feeling ... Only dynamite might not even work lol

Trevor Zimak

So... as I was reading through the replies, there was something strikingly familiar about Lyle's photo, and I just couldn't quite put my finger on it :wacko: Then, it hit me. I remembered looking at T.V's at the Power Centre a few weeks ago, and passing by the Lowrance units, I saw that EXACT same image on one of the screens. As it turns out, the unit was on simulator mode.

Lyle, the problme wasn't that the fish weren't biting... the problem was that there were actually no fish there and that you had forgotten to take the unit off of simulator mode. I know you're still a newbie and all, and an honest rookie mistake, so we all forgive you for the misinterpretation.

Keep at it, and you'll figure it out soon. :D

Btw... what's with the tongue stud? :wtf:

• Like 1

WalleyeWayne

Trevor you are relentless on Stud Muffin & Honeybunches.....but it is good entertainment! :D

• Like 1

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Trevor you are relentless on Stud Muffin & Honeybunches.....but it is good entertainment! :D

Its almost turning into an obsession .

if we had a fan club I know who would be the president.

HINT:his name rhymes with 'nutsack" :lol::lol:

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Lyle Reiner

I KNEW WE WERENT ON KENTUCKY LAKE I THOUGHT THE GPS WAS OFF!!!

I've had my tongue peirced for like 10 years. Just wasn't wearing one for a while. Make all the jokes you want, there as old as your last SSS top 10. Lol

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Lyle Reiner

Bahahahahahahahahahahahaha this is hilarious

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Fishbum

Lyle - no comment lol. Tougue stud ?????? Hahaha let me guess the fish probably got spooked from the reflection of it as you were drooling over the fish on the screen ???

You know u should spend more time fishing then watching fish ... If u wanna see fish your welcome in my boat any time lol.