• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
walleyewarrior

Lake Trout Recipies

walleyewarrior

Been cooking lake trout the same way for years. Wanted to try something new. Was wondering if anyone was willing to share their recipe with me? Thanks

Iron Ranger

A gal we fish with made the most wonderful meal using lake trout. She is a pastry chef with a local restaurant.

She took the trout fillets and seasoned them, placed them in tin foil. She added some regular peppers and some jalapenos, onions and a slice of tomato with mozzarella cheese. She drizzled olive oil on the top (she said that's the secret). Closed up the foil tight and put the packets off to the side of the coals on a weber. She cooked the trout packets slow. It doesn't take a lot of coals to cook this. Just keep the packets off to the side of the hot coals with the lid on.

I can't even begin to tell you about the most wonderful deserts and pastry's that she cooked for us while on our most recent trip.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

Some Old Guy

I cube them up in about 1 inch cubes. Batter them up and deep fry.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest thawk

Fillet lake trout leave skin on take out rib bones and pin bones shake some lemon& herb spice on also shake some molly mc butter on.I use vegetable rack on BBQ light oil on it,put fish skin down and cook. try it you might like it.That's what I had for supper tonight with ceaser's salad an baked beans.

levi64

smoke them,, better than anything............

Monks

Poor mans lobster...

A go to when guiding and guests are tired of walleye.

Cut laker filets into 1" chunks.

Bring pot if water to boil.

Dump in laker chunks

Maybe 5 mins chunks will float

Remove and drain water

Toss into melted butter and garlic.

Enjoy!!!