• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Iron Ranger

The New Non Vented Gas Cans

Iron Ranger

Those new non vented gas cans have driven me crazy the last few years. I found a way around them. Go to ezpourspout.com and check out these spout adaptor kits. I ordered a few and they work real well. No gurgling and they give a nice steady pour. Just like the old ones did. You just have to drill a 1/2" hole for the vent and put the vent cap in the opening.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

Some Old Guy

Yes they drive me nuts also. I hate it when the spout pops off too!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

McGinnis_Fishing

All you have to do is drill a hole in the top ofthe handle where a vent should normally be and find a screw or something to fill the hole while travelling. Works great for me. That or buy one of those shacky sifens. They work really good! No messes and you dont have to hold the jerry the whole time.

Iron Ranger

Yes, a screw will get you to the end result. However the spout you get with the kit is superior to any factory spout now. It comes with two screw on rings for the spout. One is a fine thread and the other is for a coarse thread. You don't have to worry about losing the screw also. Just giving my opinion. I deal with a lot of gas cans around the home, fishing and hunting, No leaks and no gurgling.

20 years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs. Please God, don't take Kevin Bacon.

Abes

I second the shake siphon hose. $10 ctire. Use mine all the time.

levi64

I'll have to check them out.. A bear stole one of my old style gas cans (full) a couple of weeks ago while I was out fishing, found it further in the woods with a bite in the top and bottom,,SOB.

Bottom Bouncer

If I personally owned one of those gas cans. (We have one at work) I would never deal with the frustration and give it away to someone I don't like. Hard to believe they made the store shelves.

REELBAIT