• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

Whitefish Lake Report

Some Old Guy

Went out to whitefish lake for a few hours of fishing on Sunday. Walleye were in thick weeds. Pretty calm out and quite warm air. Water temp was 69-70.8 degrees. I was pocket dunking a 1/8 ounce jig tipped with a leech or half a worm.

The fish were from 10-27 inches. The big one I got puked up two eight inch perch!!

So find the thick weed beds and fish the openings in the weed bed. I was using ten pound braid with a six foot maxima ten pound leader. That seemed to cut through the weeds when I was fighting a fish.

Roger.

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

eddylives

Good to know Roger......our regular haunts and methods have been less than productive the last few weekends lol.

Anyone heading out there camping be aware...

The friggin bears are getting bold and more than a walk through nuisance at the camps around the lake.

Friday night we were thrown out of bed by a very large bear rocking our trailer lmao....this one stood about 44-48 inches at the shoulder and could care less that I was outside within 12 feet of it.

It cared when the BIG BANG got his attention and ran off lol.

These bears are going on the decks and re-arranging furniture for some and the less fortunate camper had its screen door damaged when it went in and helped itself to dinner........very fortunate the occupants were next door visiting when this happened a few weeks ago hehe.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Lyle Reiner

I know if a bruin was shaking my camper, he wouldn't hear the big bang, but he would suddenly be able to intake a lot more air into his brain

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

eddylives

Yes I agree Lyle but there are other factors taken into consideration with the choices made that night.

The biggest deciding issue was the safety of fellow campers due to alignment issues hehe......believe me if the bear became aggressive it would have been dealt a different hand in a safe manner.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it