• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TroutHunter

Morrison Lake

TroutHunter

Happy New Years everyone...

I have a question regarding Morrison Lake. I attempted to find this lake earlier in the week and came up empty handed... After dragging my gear and sleigh, I came to what appeared to be the lake basin (according to the GPS) but all that was there was a grassy marshland. I'm wondering if beavers have dammed it up somewhere upstream? Does anyone have any info regarding it (not hot fishing spots, just general info on the lake location itself)? I'm not done looking for it, once this white stuff is gone, i'll attempt to find it again... in much warmer temperatures! Thanks guys...

Cheers,

Adam

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Fishog

Never heard of it before you posted, care to point us in the right direction?

TroutHunter

Its south of Cloud Lake, access point off Moose Lodge Rd according to the map...

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

naden

My map shows morrison as west of cloud lake just south of fraleigh lake nature reserve off the devon road.

j.klister

If you are talking the stocked brook trout lake then it's nowhere near there. Morrison lake the stocked trout lake is south of Fraleigh Lake on the east side of the Devon Road. I was there last about 2 years ago and it still exists.

TroutHunter

The morrison lake i saw on the map is due south of cloud lake

http://mybackyard.ca/fishing/stocking-lists/

Foozer

Not sure what is marked as Morrison on that link, but the backroads map book hardly has a pond marked there.

The numbers in the table are the same as Morrison off 593, just south of Fraleigh.

It was stocked this past spring with yearling and gave up a bunch of 6-8" specks.

Along with a few of these....

post-1593-0-08366300-1420174306_thumb.jp

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

TroutHunter

Thanks for all the info everyone. I also spoke with a coworker who has also been burned by mis-pinned lakes on the mybackyard.com website. Looks like i'll be double checking new lakes with the backroads map book and the MNR fish-on website. Good luck this season.

Tight lines,

Adam

naden

nomap.ca also shows the stocked lakes....have found it to be accurate

Fishog