• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest brookieman

ice fishing

Guest brookieman

Hi all. new to the forum and was wondering if anyone has ice fished Adrian Lake for brook trout recently? Any info or input would be helpful. Thanks!

Guest tbay_slayer

i believe that Adrian Lake is closed to winter fishing. i apologize if i'm wrong, or if that's changed, but to my knowledge, its closed to hardwater fishing.

scandiman

Adrian Lake is a stocked brook trout lake and is open year round. Limit of 5 brookies any size. As for ice fishing it, I've only fished it open water and managed to catch several fish but they were all very small (8-10 inches).

allymeagan

I was there a few weeks ago, only caught a few really small ones. I'm not real familiar with the lake though.

Guest tbay_slayer

sorry, if i was giving out bad information. my Backroads Map book (2nd edition) says its "closed to winter fishing to ensure a quality summer fishery". i guess either its wrong, or that has changed. personally, i only fished it once in the summer and didn't get anything. sorry again.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Adrian gives out average of 6 to 10 inch fish but you can get the odd 15 inches. Hot spots are the beaver house near the access, and the island you can see out front which is really shallow. Hit and miss, worth watching down the hole or using flasher as you get a lot of lookers you can entice.

joks

Anyone else remember the amazing Rainbow trout that use to be in Adrian Lake. Use to catch them up to 9 lbs. in front of the island around 40 years ago.

naden

sorry, if i was giving out bad information. my Backroads Map book (2nd edition) says its "closed to winter fishing to ensure a quality summer fishery". i guess either its wrong, or that has changed. personally, i only fished it once in the summer and didn't get anything. sorry again.

I think that is an outdated reg. There used to be a handfull of stocked BT and splake lakes that were closed to winter fishing in the tbay area but most have now been opened all year. Best bet is to check the mnr regs

Trout Wrangler

@Joks So what your saying is Adrian Lake was at some point stocked with Rainbows, do you know if any have been caught recently?

Wopfisher

Does anyone know if the road is plowed to the lake?

Wopfisher

Alright thanks

PRO V

Just a heads up, Adrian Lake is off of Adrian Lake Rd, not the Boreal.

Mike

• Like 2

BirchPoint2014

lol i was just thinking the same thing, brain fart for fishermen. it happends

BirchPoint2014

CEO & COO of Birch Point Resort 

Kashabowie, ON

McGinnis_Fishing

You can get to it off boreal as well though. Adrian lake road is easier though. I havent been up there this year bu it should be plowed