• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BirchPoint2014

ice shelters

BirchPoint2014

i am looking to purchase an ice shelter, right now i have a rain check for an eskimo quick fish 3 man pop up, regular 499.99 on sale for 299.99 but its dimensions are only 70 W x 70 D x 80"" H,

woods artic ice shelter is a regular price for 249.99, with 76 L x 76 W x 67" H dimensions. why is the price range so drastic? im assuming the 500 dollar ice shelter is 100 times better or am i just paying for the "eskimo" name?

crappy tire also has lots of the rappala 6 man shelters in stock for 399.99, if i was a betting man they will be on sale on thursday in the new flyer? any suggestions?

BirchPoint2014

CEO & COO of Birch Point Resort 

Kashabowie, ON

ribneck

Is it the Eskimo quickfish 3i or just the 3? Because that makes a huge difference in price one is made of "insulating" material. I have the quick fish 3i and it holds the heat better then my buddies clam big foot that's not insulated. And look at the head room differences in both one is good for someone 6'-8" (Eskimo)and one made for some one who is 5'-7"(woods). The things I compare is where the windows are located. Can I see out seating down or standing? Are they removable or fixed ? I prefer removable say the plastic ever breaks or geta ripped a removable one can be replaced without stitching. Check out the anchor system I know the Eskimo are heavy duty. the biggest plus I found on the Eskimo is an oversized bag which makes for easy packing at the end of the day.

• Like 1

BirchPoint2014

yes its the 3i, i read reviews on it, after seeing your review and others i read i will be purchasing this once crappy tire gets more in store! thanks ribneck

BirchPoint2014

CEO & COO of Birch Point Resort 

Kashabowie, ON

ribneck

No problem I've had mine for 2 years now you won't be disappointed with it