• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Swallow Lake

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Just wondering what the boat launch at Swallow Lake looks like? Looking to head out that way to camp this weekend, if that lake is too full what is the next best and closest lake to swallow that has decent camping. Does swallow fill up fast on may long? Any info would help.

Brodie K.

Guest Dano67

The boat launch at Swallow is good. No problem putting in a boat. However that is about the only thing I could recommend about Swallow on opening weekend unless you want to listen to a bunch of drunks yelling and throwing beer bottles all night. Find something more difficult to get to, at least this weekend.

Buck 120

The next closest lake is Hoof Lake which is only a few kms west down the Hoof Lake road.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

fishman1

personally, i think you will see fewer people in the walmart parking lot.and seeing how walmart offers free overnight camping to people, you might want to give that a go. and you will probably catch more fish there too.

naden

The only other good thing about swallow is if the camping area is full you could always camp on the old airstrip. Hoof and Batwing are close but have small camping areas and will probably be packed, Nelson lake as well. Basically if you dont want to be crowded you will have to go to a more difficult place.

Guest bernard16

I was at swallow for may long 2010, fishing was subpar at best, however we were one of only 3 groups there, there was plenty of more room. Went to hoof the next night (which was empty) and had a little better luck fishing.

Buck 120

I was at swallow for may long 2010, fishing was subpar at best, however we were one of only 3 groups there, there was plenty of more room. Went to hoof the next night (which was empty) and had a little better luck fishing.

Where did you go for the may long 2011?

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!