• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

brookiebuster

Trail cams

brookiebuster

Im in the middle of looking at trail cams,Im wondering in your opinion which is better; a IR flash,or a "standard" flash.What cam do you guys reccomend?

Thanks.

Update: I got the trophy cam.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

arvey

Im in the middle of looking at trail cams,Im wondering in your opinion which is better; a IR flash,or a "standard" flash.What cam do you guys reccomend?

Thanks.

i have 2 of the old moutrie 4.0 ,they work good andi haven't had any trouble they have the flash and the night pics. come out good. i've gotten pics of moose , bear , wolves , bluejays , squirrels. it even picked up bucks fighting . if your looking to buy at walmart the 5.0's are there but are the discontinued model and they still want the same price.

as for the ir ones i haven't had any excperience with them.

hope this helps

arvey

brookiebuster

Thanks,Im thinking maybe a moultrie gamespy d55ir.I seen pics that look decent.I need a stealthy cam that has good night pics,I want to see how many wolves and other critters come around at night.

NorthwestHunter

I am running 2 Bushnell Trophy Cams and 2 Moultrie Game Spy M-80:

/>http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunting/Scouting-Feeders/Trail-Cameras-Accessories|/pc/104791680/c/104767380/sc/103867380/Bushnell174-Bone-Collector8482-Trophy-Cam/728073.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2F_%2FN-1100176%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104791680&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104791680%3Bcat103867380

/>http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunting/Scouting-Feeders/Trail-Cameras-Accessories|/pc/104791680/c/104767380/sc/103867380/Moultrie-Game-Spy-M-80-Game-Camera/1205270.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2F_%2FN-1100176%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253BMMcat104791680&WTz_l=SBC%3BMMcat104791680%3Bcat103867380

Whatever you do, donot buy a camera that runs on D batteries. I easily get 6 months of battery life out of my cams and they run off AA's. D's will cost you an arm and leg by the end of the season and the battery life is no where near that of the new AA breed cameras. Im serious about my cameras and run them 12 months a year, both those cams Im running would be a great fit for anyone around here. Also, buy and IR (infared) camera....much less game spooking and your batteries last much longer.

Thats my $0.02

Paul

Whitetail hunting, not just a 3 month season...a 12 month obsession

brookiebuster

Thanks,what do these cams cost at dnr?

NorthwestHunter

The moultrie is $199.99 and the Bushnell is $209.99

A trail cam is one purchase you wont regret

Whitetail hunting, not just a 3 month season...a 12 month obsession

brookiebuster

Thanks! Wow $209 for the bushnell?Thats a good deal.I was going to get one at pay your bill sports for $230, but now I know where im going!

Thanks again for the replies,

Chris

Smokey

My vote would go towards the bushnell as well, awesome battery life on mine.

brookiebuster

Yup im going to get a bushnell ;) Im going to be stealthy :ninja:

brookiebuster

Heres my first pics,I will just show one for now.Dont you hate squirrels!!!!! :angry2:post-1188-0-46421700-1311859469_thumb.jp

brookiebuster

I got over 150 picture of the same fox in 3days! Why wont anything else show up!? :angry:

post-1188-0-39323500-1312130290_thumb.jp