• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Little Joe

SSS

Guest Little Joe

Hello All,

I will be entering the SSS this weekend and I have never been in any tourny`s in my life. Does any one have any advise for sat morning. NOT fishing spots (lol) but on what to expect in the morning for getting ready IE arrival times or things to expect or things that you may have learned the hard way. Really looking forward to this weekend and would like to do this as smoothly as can be thanks for any help^. and.d good luck this weekend.

crisop

pull up at least an hour prior to start. get in line, put all your gear in the boat and get everything ready to launch your boat when it's your turn. while your doing all this your boat will get inspected and you will get your sticker. Once your boat is launched park your truck in the right spot and then get in your boat and float around waiting

thats what we always do

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Some Old Guy

Yup Crisop pretty much nailed it. If you have any questions please ask for me when you are in line.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

crisop

4 or 5 yrs of practice roger....we eventually got it right. Just sucks i'm on nights this yr with my new job and i cant go in it. maybe next yr

Also make sure you know how to load and unload your boat at the launch or you'll back everyone up pretty quick at the end of the day.

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

DJL66

Make sure your drain plug is in. I launched and sat in the bay till I felt my feet getting wet. Sat there for 20 minutes bilging the boat out. Glad I had a late start. What I learned in my years of tourny fishing was to get in the water as early as possible and get all your gear set up. Plan where you want to go first, have lines ready and just sit back and relax before they call your boat. Tourny fishing is a real adrenalin rush, so enjoy the moment.