• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Bass'nTom

Procuring Land

Guest Bass'nTom

I was wondering how a person can buy a piece of land on a remote lake for the purposes of building a summer/fishing/hunting camp. After reading a bit online at MNR and other government websites, it seems the MNR is not in the business of selling land anymore and have handed it down to municipalities in hopes of stimulating that sector of the economy.

I've also emailed a real estate agent who 'doesn't have access to those listings' and referred me to the MNR offices.

Just as an example, take a lake like Bedevere (between TBay and Atikokan). I know of at least two camps on that lake and I would just like to know how something like that is obtained.

Guest MNR

Crown land is made available for a variety of uses including cottage/camp lots. Today MNR is working with a number of municipalities to transfer land to support local economic development. For example, cottage lots should soon be for sale by a private developer in the Atikokan area. This is a result of a partnership between MNR, the Town of Atikokan and the private sector. I encourage you to keep an eye on the local media for annoucements regarding this and other developments that are in the works.