• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lyle Reiner

Lake Marie Louise

Lyle Reiner

The girlfriend and I are going to sibley this weekend, and bringing our boat. Is Marie Louise worth fishing? Fish ONline says that the basic species are in there (walleye pike bass etc). Im going to give it a shot, but has anyone had any success out there?

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

brookiebuster

People I know have caught some decent size bass in there,Ive never fished there.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

McGinnis_Fishing

its got some nice bass but there is a motor restriction on that lake so i dont know what you have for a boat but i belive its up to a 5

naden

I thought it was a 10 hp limit but it has been a long time since i have been there

McGinnis_Fishing

ya your right i just looked it up.

robbo

Ya man, bass fishing is all right. head to the north end of the lake. you'll see some spots there

going fishing is okay, going catching is great!

pastor norm

The most likely targets would be the superb bass fishing (some real crackers caught on a worm under a bobber).

Next target would be pike. Used to be some dandies in there and word is they are still there. Try trolling the

north-east shore, or any drop off near a weed bed. Red and white spoons work. After that, there's great perch

fishing there on Lake Marie Louise. Half of them are wormy, however. Forget targeting walleye. Maybe 40 years

ago a couple of monsters were caught off the point north of the the dock. Wall hangers. My late uncle had his

mounted. But no reproducing fishery that I know of.

Have fun! It used to be my favourite lake for camping and pike fishing.

pastor norm

Oh.. and watch out. Winds can chop the lake in a hurry as I remember.

The jaunt back to the campsite from the north end can be a real wet one.

Guest jackfish pete

Try behind the island out from the main dock. There are some deep, weedy bays where you can get bass and pike. If you fish the rocky shore around the island you can get some good sized perch. The walleye are mostly in deep water on the far side of the lake out from the picnic site. There are a few nice brookies in that lake. They move around between Sibley Creek and the island.

Even right by the dock there are some three pound bass to be had.

It's not a great lake but you should certainly wet a line while you're there.

pastor norm

Try behind the island out from the main dock. There are some deep, weedy bays where you can get bass and pike. If you fish the rocky shore around the island you can get some good sized perch. The walleye are mostly in deep water on the far side of the lake out from the picnic site. There are a few nice brookies in that lake. They move around between Sibley Creek and the island.

Even right by the dock there are some three pound bass to be had.

It's not a great lake but you should certainly wet a line while you're there.

You are kidding!!!!

• Like 1

Guest jackfish pete

You are kidding!!!!

About what? I've never caught a brookie there myself but I know others who have.

As for the bass near the boat launch, I have caught 3 pounders from my canoe only 60 feet away from there.

pastor norm

About what? I've never caught a brookie there myself but I know others who have.

As for the bass near the boat launch, I have caught 3 pounders from my canoe only 60 feet away from there.

Pete... it was your insight that there are walleye staging deep on the north

end of the lake.. or even the brookies..

Shows me that I have not been there in a long time.

Thanks for the update!

Guest jackfish pete

It's been two years since I last fished in Marie Louise. I have never targeted walleye there myself; I just heard about that spot from someone who goes ice fishing (occasionally soft water too) around that part of the lake.

Lyle Reiner

Update, came back to town for a bit tonight, caught a bunch of perch up there today, but up at the north end, in 30 feet of water plus, I was marking school after school of fish.... Didn't pick one up, but sounds like they could have been walleye

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Mykiss

Update, came back to town for a bit tonight, caught a bunch of perch up there today, but up at the north end, in 30 feet of water plus, I was marking school after school of fish.... Didn't pick one up, but sounds like they could have been walleye

Marie Louise Lake's fish community consists of northen Pike, smallmouth Bass,yellow perch, white suckers and lake herring plus a wide range of minnows and other small fish species. Walleye have been introduced at least twice (last time about ten years ago). The occasional walleye is still caught but the introductions appear to be unsuccessful.Brook trout populate Sibley Creek plus many of the tributary streams and some of the lakes in the park. I would not be surprised that a small population exists in Marie Louise Lake. Also the occasional steelhead has been caught in the lake.

gsambray

ahh just go to poundsford for the largemouth. its just up the road aways from the park.

Guest crankmaster101

ahh just go to poundsford for the largemouth. its just up the road aways from the park.

Ive heard that this walleye in poundsford is that true??

gsambray

maybe walleye not too sure always just targeted the family of largemouth in there.

Guest crankmaster101

I fished poundsford yesterday and caught walleye using worm harnesses, 12 - 17 inches, but no large mouth

Heisenberg

This thread is relevant to my interests. I'll be out there with a group of young skiers for an off season training camp. I'll bring a rod to occupy me through what little "free time" I encounter. I'll post results on Monday.

H

Guest jackfish pete

Poundsford used to be an okay lake, just walleye, perch, and small pike. Then in comes some genius with baby largies in his bait bucket and now it is a largemouth lake. There are still walleye there but largemouth now dominate that lake.

Lyle Reiner

For largemouth, large stick baits and frogs? I've never fished for them but would like to try

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Guest canuck

We have been fishing this lake for several years. Pike, bass and perch are what we have caught. There are some big perch on the north end that can make for a great meal. Some perch have been full of worms as have some bass.

The kids have fun fishing there and the camping is great.

Shane