• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ratherfishthanwork

Pigs

Guest ratherfishthanwork

Why is it a fair number of people consider it acceptable to dump their garbage in the bush? It seems there is a increase in this thoughtlessness this time of year when the hunting crowd takes to the bush.

Got some crap lying around the homestead? Just take it with you to dump in the bush, save a few bucks instead of going to the dump. On a recent trip up 527 I have noticed more and more garbage deposited in the bush like on Moosehead rd hundreds of shotgun shells along with the boxes they came in, you sure showed the TV, vacuum and mattress who is boss. Then there is the pig who dumped all of his grape boxes after making his wine on the first road to the right off Escape. To the pigs who think the road to the trail to access Magone lake is for dumping your crap is an alternative to John Street give your head a shake?

I don't know what can be done to reduce this type of behaviour? Perhaps a trail camera? There have been a number of articles written by our outdoor writers in the past to no avail? I wish I had taken some pictures to illustrate how disgusting it can be.

Finally to the Darwin recipients who set the 100 yard target up in the cutover on a tree facing Magone Lk and the camps at Kingfisher behind that, WTF? That is what gravel pits are for, ever read ballistic info for the type of rifle you are using? I only wish I had walked into the cut and took it down before more monkey see monkey do.

Whew now I feel better.

Some Old Guy

Yes it is gross. I have also been noticing that too. I did pick up 8 garbge bags off the side of the road I live on. It appears the person couldn't drive the extra 1 km to the dump!

I should have went through the bags to see if there was an address but I was afraid of those "red bingo dabbers" I saw near the top of one bag......

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

fisherdude

i totally agree with this. It pisses me off the amount of garbage that people throw out wherever. People dont see the impact it has on animals and the environment. Last week i was eating my supper out at mission island with my gf after we went n looked at the animals. Well it was just past dark and i saw a skunk walking threw the parking lot. Once it got closer i realized it had a cup stuck on its head and was walking around aimlessly. Well to say that bugged me would be an understatement so i thought about what to do, checked what i had in my suv and found only a hoodie. So i grabbed the hoodie and walked up to the skunk(that turned out to be the biggest one iv ever seen). The skunk just stood there like it was saying i give up. I then put the sweater on the skunk and grabbed its shoulders and held it down, grabbed the cup and lifted it up by the cup. Even with the weight of the huge skunk that cup was not coming off. After a few shakes the skunk fell to the ground and ran away, WITHOUT a spray!almost like it was sayin thank you and knew i was trying to save it. Point being, without me doing that there was no possible way that it would of got the cup and lid off. So even something as little as an iced cappuccino cup from tim hortons can be disastrous for an animal, doesnt have to be a huge pile or a couch...littering is littering and theres no need for it!especially when theres garbage cans right in that same parking lot! by the way i dont advise trying to catch a skunk with your barehands its kind of nerveracking haha

Buck 120

I hear ya. Some brainiac throws out their McDonalds garbage every morning on Lyon Blvd by Boulevard Lake. I wish I could see them in the act.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Lyle Reiner

I agree. I went to sandstone this may long, just for the day fishing. Launched from the gutchie goomie suffe and boated over to the other launch. There was no one there, but the place was absolutely discusting. Anything from full 6 packs to burgers to clothes were on the ground. I picked up 3 garbage bags full of crap and there was still lots left!

On many an occasion I have called in license plates to the mnr regarding people leaving huge messes. One of my neighbors was one of them (not necessarily him, but he was part of the group that left the mess) I brought the garbage bags and dumped them on his back porch and told his mother. 2 weeks later my truck was keyed and windows smashed.

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Mr. Canoehead

ive noticed on magone rd a couple times there is a pile of mcdonalds and tim's garbage in the middle of the road. looks like the guy just stops and kicks the last months worth of fast food garbage out of the truck and keeps driving! i can't imagine what is going through these people's heads. i personally would love to be there when it happens...and then make sure they have a really bad day :glare:

Guest Smack Um

ive noticed on magone rd a couple times there is a pile of mcdonalds and tim's garbage in the middle of the road. looks like the guy just stops and kicks the last months worth of fast food garbage out of the truck and keeps driving! i can't imagine what is going through these people's heads. i personally would love to be there when it happens...and then make sure they have a really bad day :glare:

Can you imagine what it looks like in the hell hole this guy calls home if this is what the vehicle is like the house can't be much better! :wacko:

Pat

Mr. Canoehead

Can you imagine what it looks like in the hell hole this guy calls home if this is what the vehicle is like the house can't be much better! :wacko:

Pat

Haha good point! Maybe we can dump all of the garbage we retrieve from the bush at his place...

Guest Ottis

I used to always carry garbage bags in my truck and would take 10 minutes after I was done fishing to clean-up a boat launch. Maybe it's time to start again.