• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest stubblejumper67

Stocked lakes along highway????

Guest stubblejumper67

I love to fish the lakes along highway between Kenora and Dryden but I do not want to break any rules. Can someone please tell me the regs for lakes such as earngey dogtooth, Dixie, Percy, Nixon etc....Icannot find regs on them but I know they are stocked so what regs apply???? Stocked lakes are open all year and have a higher limit for trout whereas non stocked are closed to laker and brookies. But the regs dont list these lakes as additional fishing opportunities. Is there any one out there that knows the regs for these small roadside lakes. Any help would be appreciated don't want to break any rules thank you

Guest MNR

The 2011 Fishing Ontario Recreational Fishing Regulation Summary for Zone 5 only lists one lake (High Lake) as being stocked and available for fishing all year but there are many more lakes in the zone that are stocked. The reason they werent listed is because for brook trout and splake, the season is open all year and there are no size restrictions. The Kenora district office does have a complete list of the stocked lakes for their area available upon request. Contact them at 807-468-2501. As for some of the lakes you inquired about:

Stocked Brook Trout Dixie Lake, Percy Lake

Stocked Splake: Dogthooth (last stocked in 2001)

Earngey Lake is a natural Lake Trout lake.

MNR also has a website called fish_online (www.web2.mnr.gov.on.ca/fish_online/fishing/fishingExplorer_en.html) that allows you to search lakes throughout the province by fishing division by species or lake name.