• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ol Big Moose

Whats the deal with the new licences?

Guest Ol Big Moose

Anyone know about these changes and how much more its going to cost us? Does anyone know what was wrong with the old ones?

crisop

not sure anything is changing, just renewed my license and it's expires in 2015 for the 3 yr card so i cant see them changing it

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Resource Pimp

I have heard it will not be as simple as the license validation sticker on the back of the card any more, that there will be paper licenses to be carried with the card instead. Two steps backwards in my opinion. I was told this by a Service Ontario rep in the James Street MNR last summer. I had asked her when the non resident card holders would be elevated to license stickers on their cards like us and was told never and that residents would soon be carrying paper licenses with their cards.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Guest fancy pants

That's ridiculous. I have a hard enough time keeping my migratory license safe and dry. Now I will need to protect a piece of paper throughout an entire year of fishing! That's bs.

Guest Ol Big Moose

Yup and they'll probly tack on another 5-10 quid on top of the fee. Was kind of wondering why our friendly neighborhood gamey hasn't answered the same question in the ASK MNR? Oh well eh bend over without a kiss

crisop

i'll let you knwo when i get mine in the mail, next month hopefully

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Gone8to1248

I got my renewl application in the mail down here for my Canada Outdoors Card and the new prices for fishing license. The card is the same price as yours and the fishing licenses have gone up to Sportsman=$78.18 and Conservation=$48.26 for 1 year and $234.55 for 3 year Sportsman and $144.79 for a 3year Conservation. 25 years ago it was only around $26.00 for me to fish up there. Even though I seldom keep fish I will still get the Sportsmans License. I can't figure why anyone would buy a 3 year lecense when it actually cost you more! Is it legal to laminate your licenses up there to keep them dry and safe?

Resource Pimp

i'll let you knwo when i get mine in the mail, next month hopefully

I would say if you ordered your new outdoors card with 3 year fishing or small game it will come with validation on it as in the past. Reguarding the paper licenses, the cut and paste of a e-mail (below) from NOTO indicates some sort of change coming. I doubt a license terminal will spit out validation stickers. Roger, or one of the guys that work at D&R might have some info on this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will the New Automated Point of Sale

Licence Terminal Work For YOUR Business?

Over the last several months, the NOTO Office has received a number of calls from operators with concerns regarding the new automated MNR fishing and hunting licencing equipment for licence issuers. Concerns regarding the size of the machines, the level of power required to run the machines, the potential of fluctuations in power at camp as well as other connectivity issues have been raised on your behalf with the ministry.

We have recently been given a link to a website that we hope will address many of your concerns.

Most recently, operators have asked us if it is too late to complete the paperwork and order their terminal. The answer that we received from MNR was "no, it is not too late but they should place their order very soon." The reason for this is so they will have enough time to send out the terminal and get it ready for transactions in the spring.

The link to licence information below contains a downloadable .pdf of the Equipment Selection Survey, Business Information Form, and the Pre-Authorized Debit Agreement. Licence issuers should complete these forms and send them in to MNR as soon as possible if you have not already done so (the mailing address and fax numbers are on the forms). There are also two “More Information” sections (one is at the very bottom of the page) that should answer most questions.

MNR Automated Point of Sale Terminal System

If you have more questions after reviewing the information provided on this page, please call Chuck Jane using the information provided below.

Chuck Jane

Transition Manager

Licensing Improvement Project

Biodiversity Branch

Ministry of Natural Resources

Telephone: (705) 755-5521

Email: Chuck.Jane@ontario.ca

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Some Old Guy

Yes. DnR has the terminal to spit those junk papers out. I am extremely frustrated with this. There was nothing wrong with the old cards and stickers. Now you will have a card. Now (from what I see) you will get SEPERATE papers for fishing, small game, deer, bear, moose etc.

Buy an extra wallet boys!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

gonna need a file cabinet in boat for all the papers i need.

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Snowball

Anyone think of writing or contacting the Minister of Natural Resources for Ontario.............Thunder Bay's OWN Michael Gravelle?

Regards,

Snowball

Resource Pimp

Anyone think of writing or contacting the Minister of Natural Resources for Ontario.............Thunder Bay's OWN Michael Gravelle?

Regards,

Snowball

In a normal marketing system, if you don't like a product you just plain don't buy it. But here they have us by the short and curlys, and they know it. This is laughable, "Licensing Improvement Project"????????? This whole improvement reform is centered around money and manpower, not the product user.

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Guest Ol Big Moose

I think the whole deal is a joke. Maybe we could set up some sort of a petition and send it to our "hard working" Mp Mr. Gravelle. Between all the members and visitors to the site there should be a few names against this new improved system. Whats next? Metal coins like our stupid loonies and toonies as licences? Maybe next they're going to micro-chip us in the back of the neck like dogs and just scan us for our licences?

Guest fancy pants

I would be fine with the chip. Lol. Never forget to carry it with you. Wouldn't have to protect a piece of paper.