• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kashabowie_KID

Hunting and fishing with a friend that has Status

Kashabowie_KID

I have a friend of mine with a status card and im curious what the rules are if they come hunting or fishing with me. What i've heard is that if they come fishing with me ie. my truck, my boat then they have to follow the same rules and restrictions that i do. if that is the case with fishing is it the same with hunting? can you please clarify the rules as to fishing and hunting w/ someone that has a status card.

Thanks

Guest MNR

When it comes to hunting or fishing with a friend who is aboriginal, you cannot help your friend exercise their treaty rights and they cannot fill your limit. There’s no party hunting or party fishing. Your friend is exercising their right to hunt or fish based on their heritage and any treaty that their band may belong to. You are fishing or hunting under the authority of a licence that has conditions on it (season, type of firearm, number of lines in the water or through the ice, bag/creel limits).

There have been several similar type questions posted on this board over the years regarding hunting and fishing with a friend who has status. Scroll through them to read more.