• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bobber Down

Urban Deer Hunters

Bobber Down

Was out at the Mission Marsh today. The deer were herded up in a huge grouping of at least 50 or more. Very healthy looking. Lots of people were out hunting. Not everyone is getting the message however. Perhaps a huge sign might help. "Please Don't Feed The Deer" More education needs to be done.

post-1835-0-03653200-1329003076_thumb.jp

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Some Old Guy

Yeah they'll keep feeding them.

Would be cool to see a deer leave a couple of hoof marks on a car though. Maybe then they might not think they are so cute!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest fishinbuddy

I also was out their today. I took my dog to see the deer since we are in town. He was more interested in the squirrels than he was in the deer. Healthy looking deer out their.

Guest Ol Big Moose

Haven't been back there since I took my last two trophies!!!!! ha ha ha Maybe have to make another trip out

arvey

i think the city wasted it's money making a law not to feed the deer. you might say it's to little to late, mission island is not the only area that people feed the deer and i don't think your going to stop it. some may not like this but the people who do feed the deer have to be some what to blame for the crime of what happened to those bucks. by feeding them you stripped them of their instinct to survive so that made them easy prey. it shouldn't happen but there's always somebody that will take advantage.

just my opinion.

arvey

Guest fishinbuddy

Sad but true Arvey. We did not feed the deer but they stiil came within a few feet of the truck. They were sniffing at my dog hanging his head out the window sniffing at them with not much caution at all. It's great for people who want to show their children the deer, but easy prey for a poacher who may be looking for his third trophy........

Sean

Guest Ol Big Moose

Yup!! Don't worry ladies I've got my sights set on atleast 2-3 more from around there... So keep feeding em and I'll do my part to take care of the main breeders.

Guest fishinbuddy

This gal aint to worried poachers usually get what they deserve in one way or another big man............