• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Canucker

Ice on Shebandowan?

Trevor Zimak

Looking forward to a 12:30pm update tomorrow Pimpsy.

Oh... and according to the sat. imagery on the weather network Shebs is getting pumped with rain... Is it raining out there?

Some Old Guy

It's freaking pouring here!

Go rain GOOOOO!!!!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Resource Pimp

Ya, its been raining for couple hours, only about a half hour of major down pour. A bit of thunder and lightning but no storm winds with it. I still expect our bay to be completly gone by morning and maybe the rest of lower too.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Trevor Zimak

Like I said, I will be awaiting the lunch time report. Or I just might chance it and go for a drive.

- Zimmers

Resource Pimp

Like I said, I will be awaiting the lunch time report. Or I just might chance it and go for a drive.

- Zimmers

I'll post by noon. Don't just drive out, Ice was to the shore by the launch this aft. Shutting this puter down cause of the lightning now.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Resource Pimp

Tough stuff.......still there after all that rain. Need wind to tie the record April 3rd Lower Sheban ice out of 2010.

post-503-0-94831700-1333453707_thumb.jpg

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Resource Pimp

Stand down Zimmer, you have an extra day to grease your wheel bearings :(

post-503-0-87475400-1333471301_thumb.jpg

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Resource Pimp

But if the wind keeps up, I'll be trying your bass reef in the narrows coming in to our bay this evening :)

post-503-0-07789600-1333471407_thumb.jpg

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Trevor Zimak

No doubt after today with the warm temps and the high winds that that ice should be pretty well gone.

- Zimmers

AB

Drove to and fro today up highway 11 to Fort Frances today.

Lower Shebandewan had a lot of open water late this afternoon, you could see the ice piling up on the south side.

Middle had a lot of ice visible from the highway,

Upper had lots of visible open water.

Looked like middle had the most solid ice of all three.

The further west you get, the more open water you see. Windigoostgwan was totally ice free. Niobe had a little left this afternoon. Rainy was breaking up pretty good.

Nice to see whitecaps on lower shebandewan this afternoon instead of snow devils!

iceman

Resource Pimp

Drove to and fro today up highway 11 to Fort Frances today.

Lower Shebandewan had a lot of open water late this afternoon, you could see the ice piling up on the south side.

Middle had a lot of ice visible from the highway,

Upper had lots of visible open water.

Looked like middle had the most solid ice of all three.

The further west you get, the more open water you see. Windigoostgwan was totally ice free. Niobe had a little left this afternoon. Rainy was breaking up pretty good.

Nice to see whitecaps on lower shebandewan this afternoon instead of snow devils!

iceman

You should have come down 586 to the public launch, as of 6 pm its still socked in as much as the pic from this morning. Shelter Bay is 75- 80% ice free.

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Resource Pimp

The launch this morning, ice pushed in tight to the shore.

post-503-0-98410500-1333540407_thumb.jpg

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

WalleyeWayne

Yah sure can't beat play-by-play reports...with pics. Great job guys!

Trevor Zimak

looks kinda iffy for friday

Resource Pimp

It will be gone befor Friday Zimmer. Lower Sheban is ice free from Cullen Island-Moose Bay to the dam. Big change even at the launch this afternoon.

post-503-0-11121700-1333574913_thumb.jpg

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Resource Pimp

Looking east from Munro Point towards the dam. Moose Narrows with Cullen Island on the left.

post-503-0-59164500-1333575066_thumb.jpg

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Resource Pimp

MNR dock- Forestry Bay

post-503-0-84619800-1333575177_thumb.jpg

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Resource Pimp

Lower Sheban is accessible from the launch this morning. Still ice by Castor Island preventing access to Shelter Bay.

post-503-0-01645100-1333641584_thumb.jpg

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Trevor Zimak

Well, it doesnt look like I'll be out fishing Shebs tomorrow. I know middle is still pretty much frozen, but was hoping to fish lower. Maybe Sunday by the looks of that.

Zimmers

Resource Pimp

Most lakes west of Tbay appear ice free except Middle Sheban, Greenwater, Athelstane and Lac.

newsat.bmp

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg