• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tracker

Thunder Bay Urban Deer Hunt By-laws and map

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

thanks man!!! glad to know season opens same as bush and not on 15th!!

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

TroutHunter

Just at thought... does the city have any way of monitoring the "success" of the city hunt?? i feel hunters who harvest deer within the city limits should be encouraged or mandated to call in their harvested deer (weight, sex, time, location, etc) so the city and we the hunters can see how successful/unsuccessful it actually is.

any additional thoughts or comments???

adam

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

milspec

Just out of curiousity, are you asking this because you know of people that haven't or..?

TroutHunter

im just asking peoples opinion... I lived in wisconsin for a few years and the Dept of Natural Resources mandates that all deer killed during hunting season (archery, gun, blackpowder) be weighed and registered at certified check stations (usually gas stations/taverns/DNR offices)... I believe this gives them a count of populations, areas that may contain CWD, tagging procedures (Earn a Buck... when deer populations were quite high in some areas, hunters were required to harvest a doe before they could harvest a buck), and just an overall count of how many deer are killed each year. This, compared with deer motor vehicle collisions may give an accurate count of populations.

I was just curious, not too sure what you meant by your question tho.....

Adam

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

tracker

I suspect that once we get through the first year, the system will be revised and possibly a means of reporting will be included.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

Freenorth20

How does a person go about finding the owner of a particular property, city planning office? Some of the land is pretty expansive and I think I've found some land that meets all the requirements (Dwellings, authorized hunting zone, etc.) but have no idea who the owners might be.

brookiebuster

I'm also curious about that.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

milspec

I don't see why people wouldn't report it? Unless they're poaching.

tracker

Here are the regulations simplified:

City of Thunder Bay Regulations BOW and ARROW Hunting 2012
  1. Hunting is only allowed on certain privately owned lands as set out in By-law 046-2012.

2. Hunting is only allowed during the hunting season prescribed by the Province of Ontario.

3. Hunters must be in possession of a valid hunting license issued by the Province of Ontario.

4. Hunting is only permitted with a bow and arrow as prescribed by the Province of Ontario.

5. Hunting is only permitted from a tree stand or other similar stand no lower than 3 metres in height.

6. A bow and arrow can NOT be discharged within 75 metres of a dwelling or of a highway.

7. Baiting deer is only permitted during the period from November 1 to December 15 in the year.

8. Hunters must receive the prior consent in writing of the owner of the privately owned land where he or she is hunting.

9. Hunters must receive the prior consent in writing of every owner of privately owned lands which are located within a radius of seventy-five (75) metres of the tree stand or other similar stand.

10. Hunters must not field dress the Deer or dispose of the remains or carcass of the Deer on the lands where he or she is hunting without the prior consent in writing of the owner of these lands, or on a road allowance or on lands owned by the Corporation.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

Guest Wes

Freenorth20, try going to MPAC on Balmoral street. or the Land Registry office on 189 Red River Road, Suite 201. I think it costs about $12 per lookup. You may need the GPS coords first so get those first so you don't waste your time.

WalleyeWayne

Last night @ 7pm as I was returning from the FWFN hockey rink there was a 6-point buck and a doe feeding on the CP railway overpass (in the middle of the overpass - not the sides) at the "Loop" on James Street! Those damn deer are everywhere and a cull is way overdo!

• Like 1

fisherdude

Everywhere is right iv seen them at Algonquin school, on the rd by the cemetary beside James Burke park, red river rd and every night on my walk home in county fair. The amount in county fair/ wardrope is getting rediculous. No wonder when a coworker was golfing at golf links he said all he could hear was wolves pacing back and forth just past the tree line and them howling the whole time.... Only a matter of time till there's a lot of big game predators in town. And I don't mean the "cougar" which was a lynx, but mayby a real one.

brookiebuster

A couple wolves in the power lines by the soccor fields at the end of valley street. They've been there for years.

Some Old Guy

There are lots by the hospital right down to the college.

Seen one feeding by the complex.

Many many deer over by bowater right down to the prison.

Best one I seen was last night in County Park walking right down County Blvd. Big 8 point buck. He was walking like he didn't care.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

brookiebuster

Biggest buck I've seen live was on the island. Hes a monster triple beam non-typical. Has to be 250" or more.

Mr. Canoehead

Then you leave city limits for rifle hunting and they are nowhere to be seen lol.

Buck 120

I swear they know the regs and move into town! LOL!

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!