• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Trevor Zimak

SSS Take Off Order

Trevor Zimak

I have recently noticed an error in the take off order as per listed on the SSS tournament web page.

The team of Mike Pozihun and Scott Masters were recently number 1 on the wait list. The wait list has been updated and this team is now starting in position 44.

To my knowledge if a team scratches that position therefor becomes scratched or you can just move teams up one position.... not fill it with the first team on the wait list.

My point is.... I do not believe it would be fair for a team who was placed on a wait list to take off before a team that entered early and took part in a random. People on the wait list should be place at the bottom of the take off order.

-Zimmer

arvey

I have recently noticed an error in the take off order as per listed on the SSS tournament web page.

The team of Mike Pozihun and Scott Masters were recently number 1 on the wait list. The wait list has been updated and this team is now starting in position 44.

To my knowledge if a team scratches that position therefor becomes scratched or you can just move teams up one position.... not fill it with the first team on the wait list.

My point is.... I do not believe it would be fair for a team who was placed on a wait list to take off before a team that entered early and took part in a random. People on the wait list should be place at the bottom of the take off order.

-Zimmer

if this is true then i have to agree with zimmer.i do believe i mentioned something along the same line last year,leave the spot empty or move everybody up.if it was somebody in the top ten backing out and the team on the waiting list got it i think the other teams would be peaved.

then again who i'm i to say.

arvey

Guest GATOR

I would have to concur with the above. Teams are waiting in line and suddenly someone get's to cut in. Not a good feeling for those already in line or image for the tourney. The right and in "my opinion" the ethical thing to do is your in line both confirm and waiting list, if a spot opens up,including the waiting list,then everyone moves up.

My 2 cents

Gator

NWO Fishing Bum

That seems like common sense to me as well.

NWO Fishing Bum

gone fishin'

I agree. However, my boat is slow enough that if we left first, I think half the field would pass us before we got to middle Shebandowan :P

Bear

I agree. However, my boat is slow enough that if we left first, I think half the field would pass us before we got to middle Shebandowan :P

Boat speed isn't too important, what counts though, is at the end of the day at the scales. We dont have a high speed boat but it gets us there in reasonable comfort. Its that old age thing, young bull, old bull.....

Bear

crisop

i got a question. is the 8:30am start time in central time or is going by eastern, because the launch is in central time zone

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Trevor Zimak

i got a question. is the 8:30am start time in central time or is going by eastern, because the launch is in central time zone

Take off is at 8:00am and it is eastern time. Thunder Bay time.

-Zimmer

crisop

thanks zimmer

2017 Dog Lake Open Champion

Line Cutter

Fishy AF

Jayfishin

thanks zimmer

Well after reading this post I went and checked the SSS line-up and noticed that this waiting list team is actually starting one ahead of my buddy and I ?!! :angry:

I hope that Davis / Roger will reply to this post and make amends?

I agree with the rest of ya!

Jay

(Team 45)

GC 54

Just last night in Geraldton we were discussing the line up. Even though the team on the wait list is posted in a position that was vacated, allowing them to move into the line up, the called up team will still be last to go. I said this causes confusion and frustration, but don't anyone fret. If anything, it is an advantage for all of the teams posted after the team that vacated. Those teams all move up a position.

Boy, its sure nice to be team number 1 !

Don't ask me about Geraldton, wait for the results. But to let you know, Slick Willy was in the lead after day one, and he also had the largest of the day. Had to head home so Team Clark did not wait around at the end. I know we ended up with just under 10 pounds. But believe me, it was tough fishing. We seen every kind of weather that you can think of.

But, believe me, this is an excellent run two day event. The volunteers do a superb job.

See you guys on the water....

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Guest Fezz

Just to let you know, last year we got into Sioux Narrows Bassin' for Bucks off the waiting list and our starting position was #9. I don't necessarily agree with it, but that's how it's done there.

Fezz

Davis Viehbeck

Guys,

This issue will be discussed at our committee meeting on Wednesday night with a post to follow on Thursday.

Regards,

Davis Viehbeck

Tournament Director

Just to let you know, last year we got into Sioux Narrows Bassin' for Bucks off the waiting list and our starting position was #9. I don't necessarily agree with it, but that's how it's done there.

Fezz

Davis Viehbeck

Attention SSS Anglers:

The starting order will remain as is. If you have any further questions regarding this subject or the tournament, please feel free to contatct me directly.

Thanks,

Davis Viehbeck

Tournament Director

Guest Whiskey River

Looks like it's not fair to register to secure a good take off only to have someone bypass you when you paid early to have a good take off. Reasons behind your decision please. WR

wampa

So I guess next year I'll just wait till it's full and wait for someone to drop out. I would be starting better than I am this year. Not very fair in my opinion.

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

Some Old Guy

I can understand the frustration here but we decided to let the waiting list people bump into the spots that were left vacant.

I know you paid to enter the tourney. But you have a spot. Sucks to be on a waiting list and have to pre fish JUST IN CASE YOU GET A SPOT.

Not to mention that for us right now with angler packages, lack of man power we have other things that we must get in order.

Plus also your team number depends on a few things and I can imagine if your team number gets picked that you held onto all this time but then you moved up one. Then you guys would really give it to us!!!!!

So bottom line is we are keeping it this way for this year.

Remember the team number you have right now just may benefit you in the long run.......

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

GC 54

Just last night in Geraldton we were discussing the line up. Even though the team on the wait list is posted in a position that was vacated, allowing them to move into the line up, the called up team will still be last to go. I said this causes confusion and frustration, but don't anyone fret. If anything, it is an advantage for all of the teams posted after the team that vacated. Those teams all move up a position.

Boy, its sure nice to be team number 1 !

Don't ask me about Geraldton, wait for the results. But to let you know, Slick Willy was in the lead after day one, and he also had the largest of the day. Had to head home so Team Clark did not wait around at the end. I know we ended up with just under 10 pounds. But believe me, it was tough fishing. We seen every kind of weather that you can think of.

But, believe me, this is an excellent run two day event. The volunteers do a superb job.

See you guys on the water....

To make it clear, I am not on the SSS committee, which by the way is made up of volunteers, and the group of us at Geraldton that discussed the line up were not the SSS committee, only a couple of members, but mostly participants.

I apologize if my posting mislead or compounded any frustration prior to the final decision of the SSS Committee.

If you look at everything, and put it in perspective, and as Mahumba says, keep the number you have, it may be an advantage to you in the long run.

See you there.

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters