• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RLK

Rattled in another doe.

RLK

Rattled in another doe this morning. Hopefully i can do the same with a buck next week.

post-517-0-07727600-1351457293_thumb.jpg

brookiebuster

Doing better then me so far!

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Some Old Guy

MMMmmmmm.... And I had pork chops...........

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

rattled in 3 does , they came in within 10 ft at my back while bow hunting, minutes later a 14 pointer appeared momentarily. wait after does bucks will show, im hoping to reel in that 14 before next weekend, then i can fill all my doe tags

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

RLK

My thinking was to get some meat in the freezer and then i can be choosey with the bucks.

rattled in 3 does , they came in within 10 ft at my back while bow hunting, minutes later a 14 pointer appeared momentarily. wait after does bucks will show, im hoping to reel in that 14 before next weekend, then i can fill all my doe tags

Thefishleclair

Crazy, I will have to try this Rattling!!!!!

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

It's really tough for me to not comment as people give "advice" to RLK...... I'm pretty sure he knows what he is doing.

(I'm also sure when a buck show's he's experienced enough that he isn't going to take a "hasty" hail mary shot that he know's he probably shouldn't.... )

I didn't want to insinuate he didn't know what he was doing

I 've just had a several big boys show up after does leave (and yes i did miss one) but there have been many more since and if i did shoot early does I never would have seen buck.

sometimes its nice to know how deer are reacting and when. i assume most people don't have the luxury of an open schedule and a forgiving wife to spend time everyday in the stand like i have.

RLK said he was going out next week. so i figured he gets out once or twice a week.

just trying to help him and others get the most of their time but letting him know what the bucks were up to the past few days

if this sharing of knowledge is upsetting to you, id like to remind you this is a public forum, its kind of what goes on here

RLK

Actually i am semi retired and have been hunting deer since 1971. I have and still do spend countless days in the deer woods. My referral to next week is in conjunction with the Rut starting to really roll and i will spend every day of it chasing big bucks. I, like you also have a very understanding wife and she understands that i live on the steelhead rivers in the spring and the deer woods in the fall. Thanks anyway for the info and good luck with the 14 pointer.

I didn't want to insinuate he didn't know what he was doing

I 've just had a several big boys show up after does leave (and yes i did miss one) but there have been many more since and if i did shoot early does I never would have seen buck.

sometimes its nice to know how deer are reacting and when. i assume most people don't have the luxury of an open schedule and a forgiving wife to spend time everyday in the stand like i have.

RLK said he was going out next week. so i figured he gets out once or twice a week.

just trying to help him and others get the most of their time but letting him know what the bucks were up to the past few days

if this sharing of knowledge is upsetting to you, id like to remind you this is a public forum, its kind of what goes on here

naden

Anyone have any luck with those rattlin bags or is it better to use real antlers?

brookiebuster

I just use a set of sheds. They work fine for me.

RLK

The two does came to a rattlin bag.

Anyone have any luck with those rattlin bags or is it better to use real antlers?

Travis Schallock

I just use a set of sheds. They work fine for me.

I like real antlers as well. I figure that if I can smell real antlers grinding, deer certainly can as well. It could be the differance of a wary buck showing himself, or not.

Travis Schallock

Nakina Fish and Game Club - President

naden

what about using grunt tubes or the bleat cans in conjunction with rattling? Just wondering because I havnt had much luck calling deer but I think it may just be because Im in areas that dont have a lot of deer, usually the same cuts that I am moose hunting in

brookiebuster

I usually add a few grunts in when Iam rattling. I use a bleat can when I know theres a buck in the area looking for a hot doe. Usually brings them out for a shot.

arvey

i'm no expert but i've been lucky enough to shoot a few deer. what i've learned is when you rattle does will come in out of

curiousity kind of what's going on. last week i was out at camp cleaning a bird and a doe and fawn walked out of the bush maybe 30 yards from me . they just looked at me ate some feed kind of hung around and left

as far as rattling bags go i have one , but i also have horns at one of my stands . here's something you could try ,if you have a stand tie your horns together ,sit in your stand and bounce them off the ground . they rattle nice and thud on the ground .

arvey

Actually i am semi retired and have been hunting deer since 1971. I have and still do spend countless days in the deer woods. My referral to next week is in conjunction with the Rut starting to really roll and i will spend every day of it chasing big bucks. I, like you also have a very understanding wife and she understands that i live on the steelhead rivers in the spring and the deer woods in the fall. Thanks anyway for the info and good luck with the 14 pointer.

you retired to eh? nice!!

hoping to land him before he starts to roam (so this week), as next week time change messes with my schedule.

good luck to u too