• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mucky

One more buck in the rut

Guest mucky

Im new to deer hunting, spend most time moose hunting but gave calling deer during the rut a first try this morning. Got to my spot in the dark this morning and started with the grunt tube about 15min after settling in. Started using the rattling bag about 30min later but still nothing. Decided to try out the doe bleat about 1hr into the hunt, kind of interchanging rattling and doe bleats. Sure enough this guy came flying out of the bush. Was headed away from me but after giving one more doe bleat he went from approx 175 yards to 50 yards in front of me in about 30 seconds. I now know what they mean about bringing them in on a string. Was a pretty cool first buck experience.

post-1444-0-18844600-1352167422_thumb.jp

post-1444-0-52182300-1352167507_thumb.jp

post-1444-0-83745500-1352167565_thumb.jp

brookiebuster

Awesome buck!

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Bear

Nice one. Congrats.

Bear

naden

not bad for a monday troy!

fisherdude

I personally don't hunt, but enjoy these updates especially while the boards slow. Nice job n nice buck! Congrats on your first real attempt at deer. Keep em coming boys!(and girls)

Buck 120

Nice first buck!

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Guest mucky

Wweell. I was by myself and didn't have my bike with me. He didn't go down after the first shot and managed to walk about 50 yards. He was headed right towards a swampy bush and I really didn't want him to go in there. Just as he got close to the bush line I had to give him one more shot. I didn't want to damage anymore edible meat or the rack so I tried to place the shot at the top of the neck behind the jaw.

Jayfishin

Nice!

Congrats.

Jay