• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

This pretty much sums up my opinion.

Some Old Guy

post-1-0-49949000-1355521655_thumb.jpg

Roger

• Like 1

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Resource Pimp

We need "nut control" laws

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

randomheroj

I agree roger lol.

TroutHunter

I'm not trying to get into a political debate, but a friend of mine had a good point about the US... Here is her view,

"I believe today is a reminder that the US must implement a universal health care system. Many people believe incidence like today are a result of easy access to weapons. I believe there are far too many people with mental illnesses that slip through the cracks because they cannot financially afford treatment and/or are not being screened adequately. Guns do not kill people nor do healthy people with guns (my opinion). How tragic and heartbreaking our existence has come to this." ~AT

Whether or not the a change in the US health care system solves this problem (I'm sure there are many problems that need to be fixed to limit these tragic occurrences), people need to stop jumping on the band wagon that "guns kill people" every time something like this occurs...

A great point on this horrible event... my thoughts go out to those killed and their families.

Adam

• Like 1

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

your friend is pretty smart.

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Jayfishin

Interesting view compared to the gun anti' s for sure. But the government will probably create some more useless laws against the lawful public.

Very sad day for all those involved.

Jay

Guest bigpikeseeker

"Universal health care" is not a solution nor is it relevent in most, if not all, of these mass killings. These killers, while obviously riddled with psychological issues, either had access to health professionals and refused treatment, or did not seek treatment in the first place. This latest horrifying incident is an example of a troubled person who did not seek help. He may not have even been sentient enough to know he should seek help in the first place, so much of this blame would have to fall on the mother, who knew her son was a ticking time bomb. Does "universal health care" apply here? Not even close. She was very well off financially and had more than enough resources to seek help for him, but she chose not to. The better question here is, how could she leave weapons within his reach when she admitted and warned people not to turn their backs on him....even teaching him how to shoot???!!! The mother was obviously not playing with a full deck either and I believe this incident is only a symptom of a much larger problem that has absolutely nothing to do with "gun control" nor is this a case for promoting the "virtues" of universal health care.

Some Old Guy

Mental issues aside.

It still took planning to proceed with this senseless murder. Must of gathered the guns and ammunition and planned what he was doing.

That's premeditaded.

School/work mass shootings is rising. Is this mental illness? I don't know.

But here is my opinion on it.

It's going to be harsh and if you don't want to hear it stop reading now.

Here goes,

Loser's like this know that they will never amount to anything. They realize that they have one crack of over night fame. They get placed into history and will be remembered forever. THIS HAS TO STOP!!!!!

Tell the victims prarents (gaurdians) the name of the murderer so they have closure. No more major worldwide news coverage for these losers. No more coverage at all. Don't even mention their names or even what they looked like or where they were from. Because they know that will happen after they kill themselves.

Then you burn their body and place them into an umarked grave and history forgets about them. Start doing that and you watch, these mass killings will slow down.

Now if the person doesn't kill themselves the law should charge them as the norm and then put them into a room with the parents.

That's my thoughts.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!