• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nraynak

My first buck

Guest Nraynak

Hey there so this was my first year hunting, had gone out a bunch of times early on and seen nothing but a few small scrapes. Decided to go out at the break of dawn to an area I'd seen some signs. Not even ten minutes after rattling and calling. This monster comes out of the bush. Scared the hell outta me. Raised the lee enfield up( iron sights). Shot once. It reared up and dropped. Never had such a big rush in my life. Beautiful animal, thinking about getting it scored. Let me know what you guys think. post-3191-0-53704900-1356948754_thumb.jp

Slick_Jig

That's a beauty deer. Congrats

Gone Fishing

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

RLK

Good job. Going to be tough to better that one.

Some Old Guy

Thinking about getting it scored? Thinking? Don't think..... DO!!!!!!!!

That is huge! Congrats on that one. First deer.... Well like I said huge buck and something to be really proud of but but it's all down hill from here on in!

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Guest DartonRage2

That's a huge deer congratulations! That buck will probably gross score around 165 -175 hard to tell from some pics tho. Those long tines give that deer mass. Call d&r and ask them for a contact number for Dave he scores deer here in the city. Congrats tho that's one heck of a first deer!

speckmaster

Too bad ur not as good with ur fishing rod!! ;)

TroutHunter

congrats on the buck! what a beaut

** People often ask me why I like hunting and fishing so much... I tell them that those are the only places where my mind doesn't think.... You should really try it sometime! **

Guest DartonRage2

I just looked at this pic from an actual computer screen I didn't even see the split brow tine from my phone..I'm jealous.

PRO V

The look on your face says it all, good for you, let us know how it scored.

Mike

Guest mucky

Thats a buck of a life time man. Way to go. I agree with the above, definitly get it scored. Im thinking boone and crockett maybe???

SherpaJ

Love the character of that buck! Awesome brow tines! My bet would be around 170"-175" gross! congrats!

Guest DartonRage2

Boone and Crockett, SCI, and FROW. SCI doesn't do deductions (so gross score only) but I'm not sure what minimum requirements are for non typical. Ontario Monster whitetail magazine is related to the frow scoring system and the minimum requirement is 140 for modern firearm so if you have someone score it officially you can have your hunting story published in their magazine and you'll be in the big game records of Ontario book. May as well because that buck deserves recognition as well as the hunter!

Freud

Nice job. First buck...iron sights. That's a story your grandkids will roll their eyes at after the 75th time telling it (which I definetely would!). Very nice :)

Buck 120

Very nice buck. Definitely get it scored, let us know how it measures up!

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

TArmstrong

Congrats! what a nice buck!

Should definately get that scored!

NOSA is hosting a scoring event coming up in early March, here is a link to the details, you should bring it there and get it scored!

http://fishingboard.thunderbayfishing.com/index.php?showtopic=13355

/>http://fishingboard.thunderbayfishing.com/index.php?showtopic=13355

www.tomarmstrongoutdoors.com