• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crazyctr

black bay ice ridges

crazyctr

thanks wayne i missed it ill keep checking to see if i can catch the broadcast

hbaits.jpg

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

k im headed out for the night tommorow, can we park sled trailer and truck at your place? is there enough snow to sled to lake from you (with sleighs in tow).

we should roll in around 10am

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

crazyctr

hi ryan i sent you a pm

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

due to ice conditions out on black bay it is snowmachine only and you can only get out part way the ice ridges are to dangerous to cross . there is around three feet of water along most of them due to the heaving in this warm weather. i had to jump open water to get to the huts this morning . if you have a hut booked please give me a call at 807-887-4685 i am cancelling the bookings for this week until the ridges are safer to cross

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

if anyone wants to go out fishing just for the day out on black bay without a hut there is a spot that is producing fish before you get to the bad ridges. i am still running the taxi service out that far as long as the first ridge stays like it is. if your interested give me a call

gary

hbaits.jpg

Kaptain Kirk

Thanks Gary for the Update, i might try to get out on Saturday, but i will be sure to call you or PM you on Friday, to see if the Conditions improved with this little colder weather.Thanks Kaptain Kirk

crazyctr

thank you mother nature. the ice ridges are in pretty good shape out there again i got out to the huts with no trouble enough snow blew into the water along the ridges and is freezing up real good. i wouldnt go with quads but snowmobiles are good to go again

hbaits.jpg

crazyctr

took a group out to the huts today the ice ridges are looking real good thanks to the cold weather and blowing snow ps the perch are biting

hbaits.jpg

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Good to hear

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

crazyctr

looks like we are back to snowmachines only again theres lots of snow and the ridges are working a little again

hbaits.jpg

WalleyeWayne

Good on you Gary for being straight-up with the conditions despite that it may negatively impact people's decisions whether to head out to fish Black Bay, let alone renting a hut off you. Putting safety above making a few bucks speaks of your integrity! Much appreciated.

• Like 2

crazyctr

thank you wayne safety is and will always be my main priority out there. as for the ridges they have closed up again but i wouldnt try any quads unless you have tracks the snow is fairly deep in spots

• Like 1

hbaits.jpg

bobo

How has the fishing been out there lately? R the ridges still solid? Any info will be great.

crazyctr

the ridges are good but its sleds only theres way to much snow for quads unless if they have tracks sleds are getting stuck out there in places around the ridges. the fishing is starting to pick up getting more big perch now

hbaits.jpg