• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tracker

NOSA Conserned over Minnesota Moose Decline

Guest mucky

A couple of us were talking on the weekend about this issue. If there seems to be a direct correlation with the increase in deer population and the decrease in moose population, what would it take to have the regs changed for deer licensing. What I mean is, a moose tags goes for 50 bucks a pop and if harvested, the animals are approx 700-1000lbs. A deer tag goes for 40 bucks a pop and if the animal is harvested, the animals are approx 150-250lbs. We are allowed to buy more then one deer tag but each tag costs an additional 40 bucks a pop. Why not give people 3 deer tags right away when they spend the first 40 bucks. That may incise people to go out and harvest more deer and not get gouged at the till.

naden

I find it hard to beleive that on the Devon Rd moose populations are stable and a few kms south in minnesota the moose population is declining and the moose hunt has been cancelled. How can areas that are so close have such different populations of moose. My guess is that whatever is affecting the moose in Minnesota is/will be affecting us soon. I agree with the article, It seems everytime there are government budget cutbacks the omnr is the first ministry to get hit. This makes it hard for me to beleive that their assesment of our moose populations is accurate.

johnr

I don`t usually comment on politics or religion because whenever I do it bites me in the .....but.....wouldn`t the world be a better place if whoever made the comment about declining animal population being due to hunting was running it .....the good news is, now that the investigation has begun it is pretty safe to assume that whatever they find in minnesota will be consistent with our decline as well. By the way....... do our bears need passports....just askin

Lyle Reiner

They aren't saying its because of hunting, they cancelled the hunt to up the population

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Buck 120

I guess all my calling in the Devon area worked to bring the Minnesota moose north! :)

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!