• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
eddylives

Fuel Issue??

Garbie

I spoke to couple of people about this. Just to clear up what a few are trying to say here about the nozzles.

Diesel couplers (the ones from the delivery truck that transports the gas OR diesel that connect to the storage tanks) are different than the gas couplers to ensue diesel isn't dumped into a gas storage tank or the other way around.

If I pulled my truck up to a pump that pumps diesel (my truck is powered by gas) the nozzel will fit to pump into my tank! Same way the other way.

Roger

Sorry to disappoint you Roger, but the hose, connector, and tank fitting are all the same where it be diesel or gasoline. Not saying it did happen, but it is very easy to drop a load of diesel in gas or vice versa. All that has to happen is the wrong compartment on the truck be opened.

Hillbilly is right virtually all gas in Thunder Bay comes from the Suncor terminal on the mission, or the Wascan terminal on Neebing Ave. That is with the exception of Husky and Canadian Tire, their fuel comes from Winnipeg.

Dale Gaudry

What fun are they if your not burning gas?

Pro Staff for LOWRANCE

Some Old Guy

Hi Garbie,

I should have clarified coloured diesel. I thought that was a different connection.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Some Old Guy

Has anyone let this place know that they are pumping crappy fuel?

Not just on TBF it's being mentioned but now a person from a friend's work got gas and it cost her $2500.00 to get her car fixed.

Roger

Some Old Guy

I know of a couple of people who have consulted lawyers so I don't want to mention the station. The issue about the fuel ranged from a diesel mixture to solids and water in the gas. It's coming from the same station.

That's How Petrol works I guess.

Roger

WalleyeWayne

Oh-oh this is gonna get real intersting now.......

eddylives

I did not think it would have taken this long for the issue to hit the streets........now to see how things play out for those effected by the tainted gas.

When this happened out west the company that supplied the fuel came good and paid for the repairs...usually around 2-300 buxs a vehicle.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

fishman1

I don't use The HighPerformance fuel in my four stroke.

uncle

It's a government conspiracy. Buy your gas in town and pay the full tax for good clean fuel or suffer the consequences. Wait for the uproar when smokers find out what horse product the native cigarettes are cut with. ;)

Wade O.

I know personally that this situation is out there. I think some people are unaware though that there are others out there, so they are not sure how to deal with the situation. I know one of them was going to go back to the station and see what they would do.

eddylives

I was told the supplier is responsible for the tainted fuel (diesel) and now it remains to be seen how things will be handled.

I hope they do the right thing and take care of the issue or their name and the stations will be mud for a long time.

pastor norm

I think it's important for the people who are telling this story to be specific.

It doesn't matter what "lawyers" might say. It's only slander or liable if

you intentionally misrepresent the truth.

This is a serious matter that people like myself who get gas across the bridge

need to know. For years now I've never have had a single problem but I occasionally

get nicked with stories of fuel tainted with water or with deisel. The story is always

about somebody else.

Even if you are not absolutely sure of the facts, it would be nice if you let us

know which station is allegedly selling tainted gas. Otherwise you are painting

a lot of merchants with the same brush. What if you started a rumour a certain gas station

on Arthur Street has been selling gas tainted with deisel? No question we would

ask you to share the info... I also think people who smoke horseshit cigarettes would

want to know if this was true or if that was a malicious lie.

A few years ago I had problems with my purchase at Gordon Trailers. It was frustrating.

I shared my story of grief here at TBFand lots of readers were interested. The nice thing is that

Gordon Trailers came good and did the right thing for us -- maybe or maybe not because

of a public reaction. There is absolutely nothing wrong with sharing info in a public forum.

Just make sure you aren't making things up and make sure you aren't trying to hurt someone

by making things up.

Which station?

eddylives

The fuel was purchased at THP the afternoon before this thread was started.

This thread was started to ask if anyone else had problems develope and as time went on it was named and is public knowledge.

As time went on the problem was confirmed through confidential sources of information.

Now its up to them to do the right thing and regain their trusted status or lose many customers.

It should not take long to see what route is chosen.

eddylives

My main reason for remaining vague in the begining has been mentioned in this thread already , what if its just a coincidence and nothing to do with fuel?

I am not one to jump the gun and start a nasty rumour without some valid information. So I asked if others had issues.

But as it turns out there are a number of affected people out there......wonder how many?

I would also like to note a fuel sample was taken out of this vehicle and it stinks of diesel , this is why the smokey exhaust reeks of the same and it runs like a bag of excrament lol.

Its a good thing that most stations now have been upgraded to modern equipment , I remember how the word would spread like wildfire if one had water get into their underground tanks.(long before the interweb haha)

WalleyeWayne

I'm not understanding how you can blame the vendor? Isn't the supplier responsible for delivering and transfering the gas from the tanker to the storage tanks? Also, unless the storage tanks were absolutely empty, any cross-contamination would be diluted to some degree. Supposedly the storage tanks at said gas station are so busy they need to be replenished at least twice daily so that really does narrow down the time frame with which this incident could have occurred....unless of course it's a constant mistake where deisel is being off-loaded into the regular storage tanks. I seriously don't see the vendor coming forward to announce and/or accept any negligence on their part.....?

eddylives

The supplier should go good for the incident. It would be their mistake.

The reality is the vendor gets the brunt of the negative feedback.......people remember and will no longer get gas there , I have seen it happen before.

Its a sad situation and I hope that they treat those affected in a fair and speedy fashion.

eddylives

Here is an example.

Guy buys fuel from station A many times......gets fuel water mix leaves him broke down and stuck repairing the problem one time.

Guy drives to station B to buy fuel from then on for fear of the same thing happening.....everyone that knows him does the same

Monks

I run Premium Fuel from the mission, 2+4 fuel conditioner and XD-50 oil from Evinrude. This May long weekend bill be the 20th season opener for my Rude. I have averaged 15-20 tanks a year (75L) which adds up to about 25,000 Litres. WOW! That's like $30,000 in fuel. If it blows up it will be due to old age.

Monks

Just curious why you run XD 50 and not XD 100?

fishman1

It is a supplier problem and not the station. I have also heard of issues with stations in town. I, personally have never had a problem. I have used it for years in my , truck, car, lawn,mower, boat quad, chainsaw, weed wackier , I once bought gas at ESOO,and my truck sputtered for a while. SO BE WARNED DON'T BUY GAS AT ESSO. As many stations in town go out of business, it leaves me to wonder who is spreading these rumours?

fishman1

I also find this hard to believe because we would have heard it from a hundred people and not just one. I call B.S.

Lyle Reiner

I know it's BS. Lol. I work for the fuel company that fills THP. We have one truck that fills THP. And only one truck. It never ever ever ever has diesel on it unless it needs to be welded on, then it is flushed with 100L of diesel. Then pumped off and filled with gas, even if they didn't pump it off 100L in 25000 really isn't going to make a difference....

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

spindilla1

Sounds like a proud truck owner that has way too much faith in his truck, it's just easier to blame it on the gas.

eddylives

Well there is more than one.....the fuel sample is tainted....we will see where it goes from here......believe what you want its your right.