• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
eddylives

Fuel Issue??

sinker7

I work at a local car dealership in town. We have had three customers with fuel issues. They all fueled up on the reserve at the same location. Two vehicles ran very rough but were driveable the third was not driveable. Surprisingly these customers all have the same model of vehicle with a small 4cyl engine. When the gas was drained from the one vehicle the mechanic soaked a rag with this gas and tried to ignite it with a match....it would not burn. Even when you poured some fo this fuel on your hand it left a 'silicone' like feel behind.

Lyle Reiner

It's a pretty big company lol. You forget that it's only 2 places that all thunder bays fuel comes from. So is that the fault of the supplier or distributor being that they load via computer?

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

eddylives

It happened here.....its happened in other places......the supplier of the fuel went good for damages in other places.....I hope they do the same in this case.

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Some Old Guy

Can there be a simple human error? Could that have happened?

Could someone have maybe on the off chance dumped diesel into a gas holding tank? Could it be a remote posibility?

What bedoggles me is that the owner of that station must have got wind of it. They must, HAVE had been aware of it after a few cars complaining and they are still selling that crap? That's what makes me think, If they don't give a crap about me, well then I don't give a crap about them and I will never go there.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

fishman1

It's funny how many times it happens at gas stations outside the reserve, and you seldom hear the horror stories of these incidents. But when it happens on the reserve, sh?!t hits the fan. And the reserve serves more customers in one day than any other on Arthur street in a week!!!!!!

fishman1

Sounds like a proud truck owner that has way too much faith in his truck, it's just easier to blame it on the gas.+11

• Like 1

eddylives

Well a reserve tank was contaminated with diesel......we can only hope the supplier will go good for their mistake....time will tell.....and it will become public knowledge in the end regardless of cover ups

eddylives

Roger if you google diesel in gas etc. you would see the issues it has caused in other places.......and the samples from here don't lie

levi64

It's funny how many times it happens at gas stations outside the reserve, and you seldom hear the horror stories of these incidents. But when it happens on the reserve, sh?!t hits the fan. And the reserve serves more customers in one day than any other on Arthur street in a week!!!!!!

Really??? I've got news for you pal, If it happens anywhere and its talked about on a social forum it gets around quick. Doesnt matter where the station is located people just don't want to get their vehicles messed up. I'm sure the station has sorted this problem out at the first reported incident but due to the volume of fuel served im sure it affected many vehicles. The station does a large volume of business and im sure the supplier is there many times a week re suppling and sometimes things are rushed or focus is lost and sh happens,,, But don't try to turn this into a Reserve thing, put your soap box back under the stairs.

Wade O.

First of all its not bs. I have two customers who bought gas at the same station in the same time period. If you want to call bs I still have the fuel in my shop. I'll show you whats it it. I could care less what side or area of town the station is on. It happened at this one. Just as a side note I also had a customer out of town who had a similar thing happen at it was actually the gas station that phoned them saying they sold bad gas.....makes ya think.

HIllbilly seeing as how you work for the hauler, you tell us how its possible, cause I would like to know. My understanding is that station doesn't even have diesel. Do some of those trucks not have split tanks? Is it possible that one tank leaked into the other? Its not like the station pumped the wrong fuel into the car cause there is no diesel there. Only way I see is that either A there was diesel in the truck when it filled to haul to the station, B there is a leak in a split tank truck or C they started to pump diesel then went oops and then switched to regular gas.

If you want to test if there is diesel. Try to ignite the fuel. This fuel burned but left a big oily spot behind. Therefore its not totally diesel but there is diesel in there. The mixture may have depended on how much fuel was actually in the tank before they filled it too.

Let me say too this is not a bash on my behalf on this station at all, its more of an information point for people who might have a similar problem before they soaked that it is something else.

If anyone wants a sample let me know.

fishman1

The same supplier fills. All of Thunder Bay, perhaps with the exception of canop. Then why isn't every station in Thunder Bay contaminated?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? There is no refinery on the mission. They simply sell what the manufacturer brings them. And ESSO and petro can and shell. If the reserve had bad gas, then all of Thunder Bay would have bad gas!

• Like 1

fishman1

If my transmission goes in my Chevy, is it dominion motors fault?

If I blow a piston in my Yamaha outboard, is it north country sports fault?

If I get a tank full of water from ESSO, is it the fault of the station beside McDonald's?

They simply sell what the manufacturer supply's them!!!!!!!

Use what little the good lord has given you gentleman!

• Like 1

pastor norm

In any case, please keep us posted.

It's impossible for us to diagnosis the problem.

from here...

If we could get the scoop as to what happened

and how it was resolved, it would be appreciated.

It looks like it could have happened at any station in the city.

levi64

The same supplier fills. All of Thunder Bay, perhaps with the exception of canop. Then why isn't every station in Thunder Bay contaminated?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? There is no refinery on the mission. They simply sell what the manufacturer brings them. And ESSO and petro can and shell. If the reserve had bad gas, then all of Thunder Bay would have bad gas!

Dude your other post says for us to use what God gave us..I don't think anyone on here is way off the mark. Things sometimes happen and bad gas happens and yes it can be only one station. Yes its good for the consumer to know so if they have a problem after filling up they will know why and what to do. Who pays?? I don't know, i assume like most have said the supplier would come good. Believe it or not dude this has actually happened before and it was off the reserve and yeah all the stations in the whole city of Tbay were not all effected.

Well you think if one station has bad fuel the whole city just must or its just not possible.. Really. Could there not have been a mix up by one delivery driver? One person who fueled the hauler from the refinery? Believe it or not but there is more than just one fuel truck running from the refinery to alll the stations in Thunder bay.

Practice what you preech and use whatever it was that God gave you.

Lyle Reiner

The trucks can carry both diesel and gas.

All the distributors in town get their fuel/gas from the same stations. (Pye, mastrangelos, Paul's hauling, can op(a division of Paul's hauling, bluewave energy.) the only differences are the additives to the fuel.

Pye fuels is the local esso distributer (the esso trucks) and they fill THP. Because of the massive volume that THP requires, they have a DEDICATED trailer for THP and it only ever hauls gas. Unless it comes into my shop, then it is flushed with diesel (100-200L) to render it safe to be welded on etc.

It is possible that they left the 200L of 1202(fuel) on the trailer when they filled the tanker to go fill THP. But the tank holds 20000L so 1% diesel isn't going to make a enough of an impact to matter.

And the reason you never hear about it at other station is they aren't all filled by local companies, or they are filled by Paul's hauling(generally uses a B train configuration, which has 2 tanks per truck, one gas one fuel.)

What I don't get is; we have say ten reported cases of this. Say each vehicle takes 100L (excessive I know, just an example) it would take 2000 vehicles to drain their tanks. Which is absolutely doable with the station in question. Why aren't 2000 people complaining that their cars are dead and running like crap?

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

Some Old Guy

If I remember right I think gas will float on diesel. Even if the two are mixed really good, sloshed around in the trailer then pumped into the tanks. Just sitting over night plenty of the diesel would have made it's way to the bottom of the storage tank.

That being said, the pump intake is near the bottom of the tank. So if we take what HB said and there's 200 litres of fuel at the bottom of the gas tank then it will only affect ten or so cars.

If the diesel floats on top of the gas then we just have to reverse. Once the storage tank becomes empty then cars will get affected.

So anyways......

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

eddylives

Update.....My bud contacted THP and was told yup there was an issue , contact ESSO to deal with it.

Will be interesting to see how its handled now.

Lyle Reiner

Rog, diesel and gas will mix together just fine

Prostaff For

Lowrance Canada

pastor norm

Seems silly for the retailer to tell a loyal customer to deal with "Esso".

If Walmart sells Wrangler jeans and a customer shows it's defective

then Walmart reimburses and Walmart sends defects back to wrangler.

That's usually how retailers, small and large, handle product defects.

Why wouldn't THP do the same?

Say, repay receipted purchases during the days in which there was

known diesel contamination for customers who complain ?

WalleyeWayne

A very interesting read for sure. I gassed up today at K&A.....just to be safe :fire:

Guest DartonRage2

For the price that thp sells gas ill still risk it and judging by the lineup yesterday it seems other people will to haha. As stated earlier in the thread I hope whoever is responsible for the unfortunate mishap is good for it. Its the least they can do for their customers. Sh*t happens with business and that's just how it goes nobodys perfect.

Gone8to1248

If I remember right I think gas will float on diesel. Even if the two are mixed really good, sloshed around in the trailer then pumped into the tanks. Just sitting over night plenty of the diesel would have made it's way to the bottom of the storage tank.

That being said, the pump intake is near the bottom of the tank. So if we take what HB said and there's 200 litres of fuel at the bottom of the gas tank then it will only affect ten or so cars.

If the diesel floats on top of the gas then we just have to reverse. Once the storage tank becomes empty then cars will get affected.

So anyways......

Roger

The diesel will sink to the bottom and the gas will float on top of it when left just sitting. Years ago farmers down here would dump 3-4 gallons of diesel in there overhead gravity fed tanks for there gas tractors in case kids would raid there gas tanks during the night. If they got raided the first thing out and in the kids gas cans would be diesel fuel!! The farmer would just drain off the first 5 gallons and then fill up their equipment. Once they were done filling up they just dumped their 5 gallon can back in the tank! And to think this was being done when gas was only $ .25 a gallon!! I guess pay back in those days was a beech!