• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest debruyne97

Rainbow fishing Update

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I went out Friday after the rain and river was very muddy. No fish. Seems to be slowing...but there are definitely still fish in the rivers.

Bobber Down

Slowed down to a trickle. Not seeing anything jumping and even the Steelhead Assoc. guys on McVics are only getting maybe 1 or 2 a day between the two of them. She's almost done for this years spring run. There will most likely be the odd one caught as they finish falling back. Hope everyone who fished them had a good year. Roger can now sleep at night lol. :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

AmateurHourAngling

Has anyone been to the Edward st bridge or seen anyone fishing there

-JADEN

I drive by a few times a day. Very few people there within the last week and a half. Seen maybe total of 4.

AmateurHourAngling

Ok and do u know the easiest ways to get into mcvickers and where to fish on it

-JADEN

You can access mcvickars easily from the mouth all the way up to river street. Lots of access there's a bike path along the river.

post-374-0-99361900-1370125416_thumb.jpg

AmateurHourAngling

Anyone been to mcvickers in the past two days

-JADEN

AmateurHourAngling

Or tamblyn

-JADEN

I just left tamblyn. I seen one break the surface, that was it. Tried nymphs, eggs, streamers, spoons, spinner. No fish caught, one follow which just got my annoyed lol. Seems to be the end is upon us.

kbrest

In town for the most part it seems about finished, fished high up jackpine yesterday and was still hitting nicely, but definitely darker and on their way back down I am sure. Was a pretty good year for most it seems.

Great season for me. Ended up landing about 40 steelhead. Not as many as some guys but one of my better seasons to date. I am really starting to notice the years of practise are paying off.

bin fishin lots

My season has been amazing as well!! I'm still getting fish in dorion area. Colourful and amazing. Whata steelie season, some days were a bust but some days were f$#&%n deadly. Hope everyone had a good rainbow season and if not there's always next year!!

Yeah the days seemed to be either no fish days or multiple fish days. Very few 1 fish days.

kbrest

Haha yah it was weird. I would either go out and get nothing, or go out and hit 4-5. You definitely had a good year Brodie, I hit 22 this year total lol. I went out quite a bit, but you really put the time in this year and got results because of it. I think next year I'm gunna shoot for that mark, same thing a lot of practice and what not paid off this year and applying it next year (and booking more time off) Im hoping to hit the big numbers.

My goal was 50. Not this year. Next year I hope. I must have gone out 30 times at least. Lots of fish less days in the beginning. I was lucky enough to get some while float fishing, bottom bouncing, fly rod, and shore casting at the mouths. If anything I learned a ton. Met a few people on the river, fished with some good people. Saw a lot of people enjoying themselves. Great to see. Now it's time to dedicate the rest of the season to the other great species around here.

kbrest

Absolutely, was nice to meet a lot of members on the site. As well as chat with Steelhead Association guys doing the tagging, learned a lot from them as well that I can apply next year. I've always done float fishing, and changed it up to bottom bouncing on the fly rod last year and this year and really had way better results with the bottom bouncing slinky weights so I think its what I am going to stick to to hit the big numbers next year, a goal of 50 sounds good to try for, I bought a camera strap so I can strap it to my chest so when I am by myself I just have to press the button without moving the fish around too much or fumbling a camera out of my pocket so no discrepancies whatsoever next year, although I did get a lot of pics this year.

fisherdude

There's definitely still fish around, went out for an hour and got 2 and lost a couple more.

AmateurHourAngling

Anyone been to tamblyn

-JADEN

I'm sure it hasn't changed much since yesterday. Go check it out. Only way you'll know for sure. It's worth a shot.

iCORY

I caught a nice one on the mac right by the golf course off of central, my hands were shaking so much after hahaha It was a rush!

Best season for me ever at one fish! nowhere to go but up for next year though (hopefully)

bin fishin lots

LMFAO!! Right on chum!! I still tremble when I hook into a rainbow. Greatest feeling ever! Nothing compares to that feeling! Keep steelheading my friend after you break the ice with one the years get better!!!

fisherdude

It seems it's a good year for most, I didn't make it out a lot but have bin getting out for an hour or two more often lately and have bin getting fish at all parts of the river. Got fish way up river one day then get then almost at the bottom a day or two later. I know I'm grateful we got the water levels we had.

AmateurHourAngling

Last night me and my friend and his dad caught 2 28" and I released a 24" we had a great night and they were all on artificial

-JADEN

AmateurHourAngling

Yup

-JADEN