• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest debruyne97

Rainbow fishing Update

AmateurHourAngling

I have pictures but I can't figure out how to post them on the mobile site

-JADEN

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I had trouble too. If you scroll to the bottom and click "full version" and than post, it will give you more options. I think when you post you will see "more reply options" that's where you can add photos.

AmateurHourAngling

Thanks.. I think I'm going back tonight..they were biting on everything and I got hit almost every cast

-JADEN

kbrest

What a good morning today on Lake Tamblyn. 3 landed, 2 lost. I found they were hitting VERY hard like a pike would, and fighting even harder. Everyone of them tail walked right to shore, it was amazing. Only one caugt with this years tag "40290" will be reported.

post-2504-0-74956100-1371056983_thumb.jp

post-2504-0-62575000-1371057050_thumb.jp

post-2504-0-65983700-1371057192_thumb.jp

Guest Wes

Kbrest,

Every one of those fish, in the photos, were caught by either Keith or myself. (AD fin clip and no tag). TerryK and Beamer are applying tags as well as clipping AD fin.

Good to know they have done their job and making their way back to the lake. Just have to get through the apparent gauntlet that is Lake Tamblyn. :)

Wes

The_Outdoorsman

what were you catching them on??

kbrest

Kbrest,

Every one of those fish, in the photos, were caught by either Keith or myself. (AD fin clip and no tag). TerryK and Beamer are applying tags as well as clipping AD fin.

Good to know they have done their job and making their way back to the lake. Just have to get through the apparent gauntlet that is Lake Tamblyn. :)

Wes

I was actually going to ask one of you guys why some are tagged and others only clipped. One had the yellow but yes all were Adipose clipped. It was great to see however and as you can see they are all looking very good and still healthy and had an unreal amount of energy. They were handled properly as i have my camera on a tripod so just have to click and lift and release. As i hear it you guys tagged a lot this year, keep up the good work!

Nice little surprise at the marina today. Sure wasn't expecting it. Let enough big guys go this season to keep this one for the barbecue.

post-374-0-96913900-1371080906_thumb.jpg

Mykiss

kbrest:

Fin clipping is to obtain a population estimate...tagging is for movement patterns stray rates, growth rates, harvest rates and age validation...the North shore Steelhead Association web Site publishes the results of this study.

kbrest

Thanks fo the info. I have only read into it so much but thats why i like the site , lots of valuable info from other anglers who love fishing as much as i do.

bin fishin lots

Well tonight wasn't my night but met a fellow tbf member while out steelheading. Hey Kbrest how'd ya make out? Hopefully they turned on for ya!

I also tried tamblyn this evening, and also met fellow member Kbrest. I also did not get any fish. Haha. Lots of little ones and a few big ones breaking the surface but they sure weren't taking what I was throwing.

AmateurHourAngling

After that rain I think it washed away all the big ones that were in there for a whole..so I would just give it a couple days for a good lot of new fish to come in there and rest for awhile

-JADEN

There are definitely some bigger ones. I seen at least a few close to 20 inches breaking the surface, but not many. The end is near...why do I feel like I've said that before. Been one long season for me with their still being a chance at a steelie. Gotta love where we live. It's hard to be bored if your a fisherman in tbay. Got an hour? Hit up the marina, or tamblyn, or the kam, or a river mouth. I usually have more trouble picking a place than I do worry about finding one. Good luck all.

bin fishin lots

Ya chum its been a fun spring with lots of good fishing all around thunder bay. I wasn't able to get one last night at the university but did catch a couple the previous night. The males are pretty neat looking with the hook jaws and vibrant colours. Gonna post some pics soon. There are still quite a few steelhead in the rivers east of us as well. Wolf, Coldwater, etc.

kbrest

FreshwaterFisherman and BinfishingLots, nice to meet both of you boys. Jerseys may not be necessary! Yup no fish landed as you know, just that one that hit and was on for about a second and gone lol, couple little bumps but no big strikes like Tuesday morning. Only landed one yesterday morning on the fly, one of those little skips that we kept seeing hit the surface. I didn't end up going this morning but will be there early tomorrow morning again for a bit so maybe I will see you boys out again. There is still bigger ones coming through on their way down, FWF and I seen one easily 20 + jump last night as I was leaving.

I'm actually heading down to camp for some lakers this weekend. I have a camp on Stewart lake. If anyone else knows the lake I don't expect much haha. Maybe a laker or two and a couple perch.

kbrest

Haha I know it well, I am good friends with the Brands. Also, being from Red Rock, most of the people out there are Red Rock/ Nipigon. I know the lake for its pontoon boat parties and drinking, not so much the fishing. Should be a nice weekend at camp though. You should take the trip from camp into the Nipigon/ Jesse for Brookies on the fly rod.

If like to. If time allows that will be happening. I am from Nipigon. I know most of them. Grew up camping with Randy and my cousin is Reggie Imhoff. Haha. Small world.

kbrest

Haha yah I'd say, Randy lived across the street from me and is a very good friend of mine. Reggie as well, hes a good guy.

bin fishin lots

Right on gentlemen! I've met a few members now and all good people! I think I'll venture down and meet ya in the morning kbrest! After a visit to DNR first tho lol

kbrest

Rain or shine I will be going for about 2 hours...checked weather, supposed to get a good rain. I its pouring like crazy I wont go, but I have had some of my best fishing when its raining down on me and everyone else leaves.