• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
gsambray

pool 2 again

gsambray

Anyone else have this happen? I havent ever missed a moose draw and use to get a bull every second year. But then i went 5 years without an adult tag. 2 years ago i finally got a bull tag again and so last year i had a calf and was in pool 2. But this year i applied early May and apparently im in pool 2 again. WTF!!!!!!!! I hunt wmu 13 and never heard og being in pool 2 for two years in a row

GC 54

did you apply the year you only got a calf tag? did you fill out your application correct? I would challenge it and go to James Street to have it explained to you why. something does not make sense if you applied continuously and the applications were filled out correctly.

George Clark of TEAM CLARK

FIELD STAFF FOR TEAM SHIMANO PRO STAFF FOR D & R SPORTING GOODS PRO STAFF FOR LUND BOATS
Proudly Supported By: G.LOOMIS JACKALL POWER PRO NORTH COUNTRY CYCLE & SPORTS Treasurer of: Thunder Bay BASSmasters

Buck 120

How do you know you are in pool 2? The results aren't available until August 1st. Maybe it is telling you last years results.

Not just a 3 month season but a 12 month obsession!!!

Buck 120

Draw Results Telephone Line and Website

Draw applicants should call the toll-free Draw Results Line

at 1-800-288-1155 or go online at ontario.ca/outdoorscard to determine the results of the Moose Validation Tag Draw.

The automated line and website are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week from August 1 until December 31. Hunters will need their 15-digit Outdoors Card number to access their draw record. Unsuccessful applicants can also receive information regarding surplus tags during this call or online.

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

ya how do you know you were in pool 2 , online entry shows pool status did you see it there?

• Like 1

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

gsambray

When u apply online you print out confirmation paper. It shows name address were you applied (wmu) what you applied for and what pool you are entered in. I did contact the james st. office and was told that it depends on amount of tags available in the area is how they determine who goes in pool1. Even if you are a pool 2 applicant last year doesnt mean you will be pool 1 this year. I did apply every year properly since i started. Oh well calf again

• Like 1

Resource Pimp

When u apply online you print out confirmation paper. It shows name address were you applied (wmu) what you applied for and what pool you are entered in. I did contact the james st. office and was told that it depends on amount of tags available in the area is how they determine who goes in pool1. Even if you are a pool 2 applicant last year doesnt mean you will be pool 1 this year. I did apply every year properly since i started. Oh well calf again

That dosn't sound right. If you were a pool 2 last year (last season) you should be pool 1 this year and it shouldn't matter how many tags are available to determine if you are pool 1. For example if there were only 50 tags available in a wmu, it wouldn't matter if there were 10,000 pool 1 applicants because through the draw or call it lottery, only 50 tags will be issued.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Click on banner to visit

Bedas Lodge.

bedaslogo.jpg

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

If you were in the draw and unsuccessful last year you are pool 1 for this year

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

tracker

The good thing about applying on-line is you have a copy of the application which you should be saving as your proof. I suggest you check your last years application to make sure you did apply into the draw even though you were in pool 2. If everything is as you say, than you need to call and keep calling until it is corrected.

Tracker

Team NOSA Homepage

Born to Fish, Forced to Work

<')(((((>{

gsambray

Thats what i have been doing. On the phone showing proof and still all they tell me is the same thing. The only other info i have got was because of the new system there may have been a record error but there is nothing i can do about it and im not the only one with this problem. So i guess i just gotta live with it. It sucks but the government is never wrong lol. Good thing is that the people i hunt with should cover a few adult tags so its not the end of the world. All i can say is the deer are gonna be in trouble if i only have a calf tag lol

Guest Beamer

ya how do you know you were in pool 2 , online entry shows pool status did you see it there?

When you do the phone in it lets you know what pool status you are

Kamhillbilly

Was licensing contracted out last year to an US based business ? I could be wrong , if so this is what happens when the government tries to save money .

Buck 120

My bad, you are right I remember when I applied online it showed pool status. This may be something to raise to a manager or higher level there. If you belong to NOSA or OFAH I wonder if they would take up the cause?

There is also the MNR forum here.

gsambray

Argueing with the government is just a big waste of time. I know 2 others who are also pool 2 for the second year in a row

Fisherman08

This is what I have been told. Each year after or close to hunting season end, we get the yearly moose/deer survey in the mail. We are to fill them out and send them back in. This is mandatory by the MNR. If we don' t they can or will hold us back in the pole draw system and also follow up if you get stopped by CO's and potential charges. This has happened to some. Even if you don't see anything during the season we are to fill them out and send them in. And also there are some people that I have been told about, if you don't update your records perfectly for your Outdoors Card (ie: improper address, postal code or spelling something wrong). That will change things as well for the draw system. Just some thing to think about.

eddylives

This is what I have been told. Each year after or close to hunting season end, we get the yearly moose/deer survey in the mail. We are to fill them out and send them back in. This is mandatory by the MNR. If we don' t they can or will hold us back in the pole draw system and also follow up if you get stopped by CO's and potential charges. This has happened to some. Even if you don't see anything during the season we are to fill them out and send them in. And also there are some people that I have been told about, if you don't update your records perfectly for your Outdoors Card (ie: improper address, postal code or spelling something wrong). That will change things as well for the draw system. Just some thing to think about.

I remember reading an article about the survey......A CO showed up at a guys house , told him he was charged with ???? for not doing the survey......Long story short it was thrown out by a judge due to the fact that the MNR had no proof it was delivered to his home so how could he do a survey he never received.......Unless the ministry does registered mail there should be no more charges against anyone for the survey.......Besides we could all BS a little and inflate the figures to bump up the count as far as they know lol.

• Like 1

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

naden

the deer/moose survey is not mandatory as far as i know

mooboy76

http://www.mnr.gov.o...ROD_095049.html

reporting moose harvest is only mandatory in wmu 48, 65, 57, 55a and 55b

That's what I thought too - only for certain WMU's. Bear is mandatory everywhere.

On a related note, are the moose and deer surveys on the same sheet? I only received the moose one last year, although it did have a spot for deer sighted I think.

To the OP, I would definitely be following up with the MNR. I read about license/game seal bungles with the new company last year too, so they might not have gotten everything smoothed out yet.

CSSA Member

CCFR Member

gsambray

Moose and deer survey are not mandatory unless in a specified wmu. Bear is mandatory. I forgot to send mine in last year as i didnt even get out it slipped my mind. I contacted mnr recently after reading the post and was told it does not affect moose draws just a possibility of a fine which apparently dont happen too often. I sent mine in just in case. Oops a bit late

Hunter

reporting moose harvest and the moose survey are diff. those areas you have to report your kill and the survey is how many and what you saw.and if you got one or your group did