• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

bin fishin lots

stocked spec lakes

bin fishin lots

Gonna try a stocked lake in the morning out dorion way. Anybody fishin stocked lakes and doing well??

ghart

Been horrible the few times I've gone - only lofquist right at dusk produced some fish. Should be picking up now - its such a weird year - the Pike are just coming into the shallows now here in Nipigon and the laketrout are heavy on the rivers....

mybackyard125x125.jpg In the Age of Information, Ignorance is a Choice.

bin fishin lots

Well chum your exactly right! Fishin for specs was tough! Hit Thompson lake and wasn't so good! Fished some rivers on the way home and holy guacamole!!! Got some nice pike, pickerel, bass and rainbows on the way home! All released but got some good pics!! Truly an adventure!Went for specs and caught some of the biggest fish of my life in totally ddifferent species!!!

RH.

lake 22 is the easiest stocked lake to get to for sure and for its size, it has ALOT of fish in it, in 2010 it was stocked with over 10,000 fish. the lake is hard to fish at times but ive been very successful there in the past. it is up towards the hele airstrip.

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Hey bin fishin lots. Did you and another guy head into Thompson on dirt bikes?

bin fishin lots

No chum I went by myself and it was comical to say the least. Drove my car in LOL!!!!!! Boy o boy won't try that again! Only went so far then parked off the road and hiked in. Forgot my bug spray and got beat up bad by bugs! Then got to the lake and caught one speck! I fished that lake 3 or 4 years ago and was amazed!!! Now not so. Oh well eh not my day I suppose

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Yeah we drove right to the lake. Definitely needed 4x4. I went a week or so ago and got a ton of tiny specks on the fly rod and one big sucker haha. I've heard of people taking cars, just go slow haha.

Bender

Has anyone know of sweat head lakes off of seven road

i hear it’s a two hour hike to get there 

Bender
Just now, Bender said:

Has anyone know of sweat head lakes off of deven road

i hear it’s a two hour hike to get there 

eyelander

Its been 15+ years since I was in there. Only went in to them once from Devon Rd. and that was 30 or more years ago. Long STEEP uphill walk(hence the name LOL!!!). We went into them in the winter from the west side by snowmobile off Remick's Road because someone managed to get a trail up to them from a cut road off of the east side of Remick's. There are 5 lakes, Lismore 1 & 2, Hartington Lakes 1,2 & 3.

If there is a newer way to get to them I don't know. Someone told me it was possible from the north side by quad a few years ago but I never went to check it out.

Prior Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance