• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CoryCo

2004 25hp merc 2 stroke problems

CoryCo

Hey I had my motor running fine last year, took it out this year to my buddies camp to go for a boat ride and make sure everything was running good but I ran into some problems. First of all my friend had mixed the gas wrong he had 400ml of oil in 8l of gas, so I got that all sorted out, cleared the gas lines.

Then the motor would not start or idle, when it did eventually start it would stall when put into either forward or reverse. However occasionally it would run and shift into gear, then upon shifting it would die again.

I'm looking for either advice or referall to a mechanic. I heard bob maw is a good guy to go to but I don't have his contact info.

wampa

I took my motor last year to Ryan's Small Engine Service and he did a good job. He was up in the boonies off Auto Rd (I think it was). His numbers are 767-4201 or 472-4201. I would go back if I had to.

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

DJL66

I would try to clean the plugs if you haven't already done so. Sounds like they are fouled up.

CoryCo

Thanks guys appreciate the replies. I cleaned the plugs both getting a very strong spark.

Foozer

You could try running a shot of Sea Foam through it as well.

It helps clean residues, gummed up parts, injectors, conditions engine parts, and restores power.

Something to consider trying before it goes to a mechanic.

Since we can not call female anglers "fisherman" We should just call 'em hookers.....

Adrian

If both plugs have weak spark (not nice blue) than you could simply have bad plugs or worse, an ignition issue. I would try new plugs. Don't forget to gap them properly.