• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kbrest

Current River Bass?

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I may head down there tonight and check the water levels. See if the rain moved any fish around.

kbrest

Might see you there bud. I will be using spinning set up if I go though, just rigged my fly rod up with sink tip and what not, will be heading to the Nipigon this weekend.

Thefishleclair

Water is HIGH.... Was down there riggin this AM for salmon, all dams have water comming over them on Boul Lake......Gunna be trying tomorrow around the mouth bouncing some plastics and bait out from the docks.

Grumpas' Baits

Check it out on FB

kbrest

Figured the water would still be pretty high. Still gunna check it out and assess the danger accordingly lol.

So I went. Your not able to get onto the rock point due to high water. It is now an island. Haha.

kbrest

Lol I got onto it. I bush whacked through the area behind the RC Track area, and just walked over that little falls area. I had chest waders on though, but the bushwhacking was awful. I only hit one in there though, about 14 inches. I wanted to cross over to the center island at the mouth like i usually do so that I am just across from the crowded docks....water was WAY to fast and scary, so I walked over by the elevator area and caught nothing!

Haha yeah it was sure moving. Glad to hear ya got one. Should be down today or tomorrow.

kbrest

Yah I am hoping to head down again end of this week. I still haven't gotten a monster out of that area yet.

Oh yeah there are some. I remember my first walleye out of there like it was yesterday. A 6lber along the concrete wall near the mouth. When I seen it surface I crapped my pants because at the time I had no knowledge of all the walleye in the cr. All the other fisherman around me were very surprised as well. I've done a few trips in the middle of the night and it can get crazy. I've pulled out multiple 5+ lbers in a night and seen some break the 10lb mark. It's an amazing river. It has its dead sections with few fish but when ya find them there's lots.

kbrest

Yah thats the thing with River walleye, have to find them first and then when you do its non-stop. Especially since its such an easy place to get to and fish while making quick day trips in town I love it. Seems they do like the leeches or even the Gulp leeches have been the better ones. I only got the one yesterday but the Rock Bass that hit the leeches the other day were just slurping them up like crazy.

29 inch walleye, mouth of cr, x rap!!! Awesome catch and fight! Tried uploading pic, it said it was too big.

There we go. Quick shot (by myself) and free to swim another day. I got 6 today. All on x rap. Rest were smaller 12-19 inches. Fished for an hour and a half with not a bite using worms, switched to x rap and boom boom boom....6 fish in about 20 min and than it all stopped. Not a bite after that. Haha.

post-374-0-65661700-1373675606_thumb.jpg

kbrest

Holy crap, nice work Brodie. I thought about switching to x-rap or other but after finding 4 hanging in tree's on my last journey down, decided sticking to hooks and leeches and Flies.

Yeah after drifting bait down under a float for an hour and a half without a bite I got bored. It was a unique situation there. The lake was blowing water into the river mouth at nearly the same speed the river was flowing out into the lake. This created big rough waves where they met. There was one spot in the middle of all the rough water where the two directions met and your float would sit there without moving forever. The walleye were all up high in the water and VERY aggressive and i think that's why they were avoiding my small worms and leeches near bottom. I was REALLY rippin the x rap with the odd pause and they all smashed on a pause. Almost lost him on one of those yellow ladders on the sides of the concrete docks. He was really beat up. Fins were bloody. I now have an app for my phone that allows me to use a timer on my camera, so hopefully I can now include myself in my fish photos. I didn't like laying him on the concrete but seemed better than gravel and dirt.

kbrest

Yah I was noticing that with the water as well and the float would sit there so I just did straight hook with one split spot and would drift that but again was only hitting the bass everytime while drifting.

If you have a camera other than your phone I have an extra mini tripod you can have for photos. Its what I use for my steelhead photos on my solo trips. They are usually universal as most digital cameras have the area to screw the tripod onto. Its nice to just have it set up, hit the timer and shoot.

I also have a digital cam and a tripod. Problem is I hate computers and don't own one. So getting those pics on the Internet can be challenging haha. With my phone I can snap a pic and upload immediately.

Guest scott324

http://www.eye.fi/sp

Depending on if you have an SD card in your camera or not this card could be a solution. Sends the file from the camera to your phone with a WiFi card built into the SD card.

I'm looking to get one cause my phones camera kinda sucks.

kbrest

Yah true the phone option is quick and reliable...but a 29 inch walleye would have been a nice pic to have of you holding for your trophy wall haha. But your like me and do a lot of solo trips on a regular it seems so that can get hard.

Bobber Down

Thats a beauty!! Did he let it go?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Im not sure. I was just sent the pic by a friend. I wasn't there with them tonight.