• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AmateurHourAngling

Specks in the mac.

eddylives

Wow that brings back memory's of speck fishing lol

Some of the specks I caught between centennial park and the hwy were like that and more years sgo

Have no fear of perfection.....you will never reach it

Wopfisher

I heard from my dad about 20 years ago they use to catch specks in the neebing under the bridge on highway 61 anyone caught anything in there?

Guest Wes

When they are hungry, they'll hit just about anything. As indicated in this photo of a 19+" coaster that hit a 4" green streamer stripped in the surf of the big lake.

post-337-0-68403300-1374412337_thumb.jpg

Wopfisher

My first fish in the Mac!!!!

post-5112-0-07101600-1374429068_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Zackcorbin1401

That's a rainbow

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

Nice fish. Keep in mind the 27 inch rule. Good luck on your next trip!

bin fishin lots

When do yearlings finally make it to the big lake. I guess my question is how long after they hatch do they migrate back to superior?

Mykiss

Most MacIntyre River juvenile steelhead spend two years in the stream prior to migrating (smolting) to Lake Superior....a smaller number spend only one year in the stream and a very few will stay for three years.

johnr

Keep posting....I could read these all day. I grew wading the Mac from William street to the ninth green at TBay country club in the late sixties. No fly rod [no money] but a pocketful of royal coachman dry flys and the other pocket full of fresh dug garden worms. Wasn't the stealthiest heron in the pool and couldn't cast more than 10' which probably explains why a big spec in those days was 10" but did catch and release many small "non keepers". Caught many suckers and rainbows while sitting on shore fishing the pools with the worms. Sun up to sun down, July and August this simpleton just couldn't get enough....until high school and then fly between the pockets made life much more complicated.

bin fishin lots

Yes. Thanks for the info mykiss. I had no idea how long smolt, yearlings hung around for. Got to be a tough go for them

Small specks were hitting great tonight on size 12 prince nymphs.

Guest scavs

I went today also and could not manage anything besides bow yearlings some with hints of parr marks still could not manage a brook trout if there is one fish that eludes me its the speck... were you working north of HW?

I was fishing around the golf course...most we're 4-6 inches with the odd 8 incher. I haven't got any rainbows yet.

I felt very unwelcome near the golf course despite the fact that I was well into the bush above the pump house and very polite with everyone I ran into. I even left with a bag of garbage I collected.

Guest scavs

Hahah I grew up golfing tbcc if i was you i wouldnt let those retirees bother ya. Most ppl r just mad because the course looks like hell, condoes are way behind, and they probably put it in the drink on #5 ;)

Wopfisher

Is anyone allowed to fish on the golf course because I was there yesterday fished the island on the golf course under the bridge and got told to move because I was going to get hit with a golf ball lol

Wopfisher

And freshwater how far down the golf course where you fishing?

I also tried the island and was told to move but I was more than willing and very polite once I realized where I was. I moved up past the pump house after that. Into the bush.

Wopfisher

Ok thanks ill probually give it another try sometime this week!

AmateurHourAngling

I have recently purchased a fly rod and would appreciate it if someone could maybe show me where to cast the fly and how to properly present it...I know how to cast and retrieve but if someone could maybe spare some time and meet me down on the mac

-JADEN

I'm also new to this. Maybe I could also take part in this if someone wants to give some newbies a hand.

spindilla1

I will volunteer, it's been a while since I touched a fly rod. I find I can do all the same things with a centerpin but ill be glad to try and show you. Just give me a time and place.