• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AmateurHourAngling

Specks in the mac.

AmateurHourAngling

When ever you want and it would be easy for me if it was at the mac by the golf course

-JADEN

AmateurHourAngling

Down where the dirt hill goes down

-JADEN

spindilla1

central pool?

Give me a time

AmateurHourAngling

How ab

-JADEN

AmateurHourAngling

How about 3

-JADEN

spindilla1

I finish work at 3, meet me there at 330. I have this really pimped out black car you can't miss it.

AmateurHourAngling

Ok sounds good

-JADEN

spindilla1

I'm leaving early Ill be there at 3

AmateurHourAngling

Ok

-JADEN

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I'm out and about I may stop by and watch. Don't have my rod with me but anything helps.

kbrest

Good day out there this morning on the fly. Hit nothingon the first few flies then switched to bead head numphs any pattern with white wings which i had tied andwas getting specks and yearling steelhead. Biggest speck was 9 inch. Felt pretty confident with casting drifting and presenting but i could use the tips and advice from some seasoned vets lol. Did u guys make it out today?

• Like 1

I also notice they tend to like white wings. I think that's why they liked the prince nymph. I fished the size 12 weightless and the first few casts it floated and they were hitting it on the surface. I was fishing deeper areas and they were coming up 2-3 feet for it just under the surface.

kbrest

Yah same scenario. Lots of fun though. Tying up some different style nymphs same size and might go tomorrow evening.Was a nice way to spend a day off standing in the river flipping flies around

I agree. I plan to try above the highway some day soon. I wanna tie up some bead heads to get a little deeper, I try to avoid split shot if I can.

fisherdude

The farther up river the better size iv noticed. If you guys like that you might wanna try cr. especially the deeper holes and runs up by the cascades and higher. There's some nice ones up there.

kbrest

I was hoping to do that tonight actually. (weather permitting) I wanted to just use the spinning rod and throw some mepps spinners out in that big deep pool right where the cascades trail comes in, but also I want to tie up some heavier streamers to toss out with the fly rod in that same area. Any particular fly patterns, nymph or streamers that I should try out there? Might just tie some of the regulars and then see what works. In that big pool I would guess that the heavier streamers with a cast/retrieve is better than than the nymph drifting i was doing in the mac. I have been learning as I go and just kinda learning on my own but always love to get tips and tricks here and there. thanks!

A cone head muddler with some added lead wraps and you should get pretty deep.

kbrest

Oh awesome I have a couple of those my friend gave me, deer hair muddlers and he had a couple gold cone head ones. Also, going to Frazer this weekend. Bringing the spinning obviously, but I am going to bring the fly rod as well and try out a couple of the ugly Clouser Minnows and Woolly Buggers Ive tied and see what happens. I will post any pics from the weekend of "Eyes on the Flies" lol

AmateurHourAngling

Anyone know how high the water is

-JADEN

kbrest

If your talking the Mac, I have not checked today, but it was a lot of rain, and a huge downpour here and there so I imagine it may still be pretty high. I might pop by on my way home to take a look. It was usual summertime low yesterday so I think even with the rain it still might be quite fishable, might just have to have some heavier flies.

Wopfisher

I was just there today water dosent look like it went up much still good but that might change over the next few days.......but I tried the golf course side got nothing then I went on the other side of the central bridge found a couple logs fished by them and caught 2 rainbows 6-7 inches

What wt fly rods are you guys using. I'm using a 6 wt, I'm sure they would be a lot more fun on a lower wt. There's another thing I "need" to purchase. Haha.

Wopfisher

Haha I'm just using a regular fishing rod with a hook and a worm that's why I'm not fishing the golf course side