• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rob

Fisherman's park

Guest FreshwaterFisherman

I went out in my boat. Wind picked up so back to the docks. Fished off there and didn't get anything. Wind died down, headed back out, again nothing. Marked a ton of bait and a few small fish out in 30 FOW. Was pretty choppy for my little 14 footer. I wasn't sure if that was you or not at the end of the dock. Also, I am pretty sure that was kbrest with the fly rod, but I can't be certain haha. I am terrible with faces at a distance. Glad to hear you got two today. Take care guys.

spindilla1

That was me and a friend at the end of the dock. We got 1 19 incher on the first dock, the fishing seemed to have progressively died down when the current died down......

spindilla1

I still have yet to land a bruiser at that spot.

kbrest

Managed to get two nice Walleye off the docks today. Both drifting a slip bobber over a leech. This afternoon a 25 incher and this evening a 24 incher. Was talking with a fellow from the Northwood area this evening who asked what I was fishing for. He had no idea you could catch Walleye there. A few drifts later down goes the bobber. His eyes sure lit up when he saw it. Perfect timing!! Clued him in on this site and some of the nice fish caught at the cr this year. Saw a couple of fish jumping in the calmer water and someone, maybe somone from this site who was fly fishing up near the rapids/slide. Don't know if he caught.

That was me, caught about 6 nice little trout and three small mouth bass on the otherside in the calm water. I seen you down there with a good bend in the rod lol. You standing and a guy sitting on a cooler and a little dog correct?

kbrest

Thats funny that was you in the boat, I remember seeing the little boat coming in and thinking good idea when I seen the wind out there. Also, I don't know if anybody seen the news but a man and woman had went missing while swimming at Silver Harbour, found the woman and is OK but still searching for the man. Don't know if they were just swimming and the cold water/waves pulled them out or what but pretty scary stuff.

I seen the fire trucks and all head out there when I was out in the boat. I believe the jet skis that were bombing around the break wall were the people that saved the woman. It's scary. I was thinking about going there instead but the wind kept me inside the break wall. Good thing the waves there must have been huge. I hope they can find him. At least for the family. Very sad.

Guest Rob

Spent a couple hours at the dock last night. The water level is low with little current. A bunch of nibbles but no takers, most likely little bass. Still a nice night to be out!

Bobber Down

Low water and calm lake made for a quiet weekend. Fished first light, mid day and till it was so dark you couldn't see your rod. Nothing but a couple of Bass. Met a few other members trying their luck. No pinks jumping anywhere. Still a nice close place to go when your stuck in town. Next weekend.......Lac

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

I agree. It may be that I grew up fishing the spot. But I love it there, and it only seems to be getting better and better.

kbrest

Pinks might not be for a little while now, running into the river around 8-14 degrees Celsius water temps so this heat is not really helping.

Weekend coaster

Has anybody been down there recently

Zackcorbin1401

I heard and seen pics of salmon coming out of there this week. 8-9 lbs what kind coho?

I have never seen a coho there. Only pinks, and most are 1-3 lbs with a 5 lber being large. Are you sure it was the current river?

brookiebuster

The only salmon I've seen come out of the current are pinks. I heard that rarely a Chinook may wander over but haven't seen evidence of that.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Guest Wes

I have never seen a coho there. Only pinks, and most are 1-3 lbs with a 5 lber being large. Are you sure it was the current river?

2lbs is large for our region. I have caught 100s of them and never have I seen one over 2lbs nor have I heard from friends of pinks > 2lbs. They just don't grow that big up here. It is rare but they will get to 3lbs in the St. Mary's river. The water is warmer and more food down there.

But just because me or my friends have never see pinks > 2lbs up here ( within the last 10 years), I suppose that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. just my opinion.

Maybe back in the day they were bigger, but so were the Steelhead, and Chinooks.

Wes

Zackcorbin1401

Mabye it was nipigon then

kbrest

as awesome as it would be to hit 8 or 9 lb salmon from shore at current lol.

• Like 1

brookiebuster

That would be awesome if there was a run of Chinooks or even Coho's in the current. But in reality we all know that will most likely never be more than a dream.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

Guest Wes

Reduce the limits from 5 to something more realistic and sustainable and that could very well happen. The salmon have to be left alone to do their thing and it could be a reality.

Just a guess, but if the salmon had a closed season. Say Aug. through Nov. and a possession limit of 2, how much better do you think the fishery would be? I bet we could see a decent run of pacifics in the CR within 10 to 15 years.

No initial stocking, just let'em establish themselves.

This is based off my opinion only.

Wes

I agree. I would be all for lowering limits to two. You'd see more action in some of the rivers where they are non existent...I'd hope anyway, but I'm not fisheries bio so who knows.

Bobber Down

Boulevard Lake is now being drained/lowered as it is every year around this time. The flow at the mouth will be a trickle soon, just as the Pinks are comming in to spawn. The Walleye fishing was good at the mouth this year with the rain and higher water we enjoyed. Could be over with lower water levels/flow.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Say it isn't so. That is baffling, ruin an entire year class of salmon in that river so that the public can continue to swim in filth. Brutal. Disappointed.