• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wes

Found Gear

Guest Wes

IF you left some of your gear behind at Little Trout Bay on 2-Aug-2007, PM me with a description and you will get it back.

Guest a nonny mouse

hey...was it a whack of rods? (4) Cuz if it was I read about someone accidentally leaving them behind. They had an ad posted on WWW.Kijiji.ca.

cheers!

Guest Wes

No it wasn't. I also heard about that as well. 4 sage fly rods would be very hard to part with, but since I am big on karma, I think I would still want them to be with their rightful owner.

BTW, this gear has still not been claimed. I did however notice my note at D&R has been removed. Probably the reason it hasn't been claimed.

Guest Wes

OK last chance to claim your gear. In the next week or so, if no one claimed it I am selling it on ebay. I figure almost 3 months is long enough to clear any chance of bad karma for profiting from someone else's misfortune.

If I am contacted after I advertise what I am selling too bad.

Guest thedude

This is your 1st warning, thedude. There are kids who read this site. And please remember I have your ip address.

Roger

Gone8to1248

OK last chance to claim your gear. In the next week or so, if no one claimed it I am selling it on ebay. I figure almost 3 months is long enough to clear any chance of bad karma for profiting from someone else's misfortune.

If I am contacted after I advertise what I am selling too bad.

Wes

I think there is a little more involved than just keeping the stuff you found before you can keep it or sell it. I'm not sure what the Canadian Laws are but most places down here in the states it say's "All reasonable effoert must be made to locate the owner first, meanning filling out a police report and putting an add in the local paer. Normally the police take custody of the items for the 90 days and at the end of that time you fill out a form and they release it back to you to do what ever you want with it. You have mentioned that you put a note at DNR and have posted a note on here. That only meens YOU ASUME that who ever lost it belongs too the board or shops at DNR. I don't think either place will qualify as making a good effort in an area with over 120,000 population. The draw back COULD be that if you sell these items and the original owner finds out about it they could file a theft charge against you for selling stolen property. They see you sold it and file a police report that it was stolen (because you don't know for sure IF it was left behind by accident or on purpose. Which could meen you took it with out thier permition. Before I did anything I would check with your local police and see what guidelines have to be followed. I know there are some Police Officers that are on line here and maybe one of them can guide you in the right direction.

You sound like an honest person trying to do the right thing and I would hate to see it come back and bite you. Remember that the higher the value of the items the higher the charge could be. If your talking 3-4 Sage Fly Rods the cost could be rather high.

gone8to1248

Bernie

Gone8to1248

I contacted the Thunder Bay Police and Wes and relayed on to him the proper protocol on how to handle finding lost items in order to dispose of them and relieve him of any furure liability from the original owner.

Bernie