• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Bobber Down

Honda 2000 Series Generators

Bobber Down

Anyone use these? What can they power? A couple of lights? A light and a fridge. A microwave and a light or any other combinations. From what I have read Honda seems to be the best with Yamaha on their heels. Looking for experiences good or bad from current or past owners. Thanks

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

I've got a yammy 2000is and 2800I

The 2000 is way quieter like I can run it behind trailer and you can't hear it over conversation. It will run an electric heater and a laptop charger or power all lights fridge and furnace in trailer. Will even run coffee maker too. But can't be relied on for starting Ac. In 7 days Bow hunting using yammy aafter dark and at lunch. I didn't burn a 5 gallon can. Yammy and Honda same price go with dealer you like

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

Bobber Down

Ryan. Is there anything you don't like about the Yamaha? Why did you choose it over a Honda?

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - what a ride!!!

filletandrelease

I went with a 2700 inverter yamaha 2 years ago. Chose it over the honda because I found a great price at steves in grand marais got it for way less than a 2000 watt in town. (Almost the price of a 1000w) It runs my ac in the trailer no prob and a light bulb or two. I also wanted the inverter because I heard that the coarse power from typical generators can burn out the circuit boards in fridges and furnaces in rv's new enough to have them. I think their warranty was also better than Honda if I remember right. And grand marais isn't a bad drive if you do have problems

Pro fisherman-Stud Muffin

Ryan. Is there anything you don't like about the Yamaha? Why did you choose it over a Honda?

online reviews were pretty much the same plus parts cheaper for yammy , & maintenance looked easier. they are pretty much same price if i recall. i have run mine next to hondas, yammy is just as quiet but a deeper sound, honda is buzzier. and i get over 12 hours when using in fall time for motorhome even though manual says less. probably 50-60 tanks ive run through it ,

as for negatives , none really maybe the low oil shutoff is a bit sensitive if you sit it on unlevel ground,

garmin_logo.thumb.png.e282a5dd4c34650ee5e218bcdd5adfd2.png

logo.png.e4b798a1a0facc3f309b90fb32f5c428.png

2016 Dog Lake Open Champion.

Thunder Bay BASSmasters Vice-President 

fishpals

I have used my Honda 2000 on my motor home AC. Groaned a bit to get going but worked fined. The Honda's sold in Canada have a heater in the vent tube to keep the oil vent from freezing solid if you plan on using it it the winter. The Honda's you purchase in the US do not have the heater. Not sure if the Yamaha's have the heater.

Bobber Down

The heater in the vent is a definate plus for winter use. I will have to check the Yamaha models out for this feature.

wampa

I have a Honda EU2000i generator that I use to power my ice shack. Have had no problems with it at all. Runs very quiet and the "cold techonology" seems to work great. Never had a problem starting it all winter.

Never hold your farts in.

They travel up your spine into your brain, and that is where crappy ideas come from.

Adrian

I have 2 Honda inverter 1000 generators. One has about 1000 hours on it, and the other has about 650 hours on it. I have a cable to join them to get 2000 watts. I like having the 2 generators for a few reasons - only need to run one when the load is light - always have a spare - cheaper to replace. I have used 1 generator to run everything in my truck camper - fridge, furnace, water pump, lights, fans, tv etc.

As far as winter running, I block off about 75% of the air outlet with duct tape, and this allows the motor to run a lot warmer, and improves fuel efficiency and no issues with vent freezing. Especially with low load. The 2000 can also be used in winter with the duct tape blocking a bit of the air outlet.

Love my Honda's and will buy more when these ones give out.