• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
milspec

Thoughts.

milspec

I decided to go walk around some side roads up armstrong hoping a few rabbits would pop out in front of me..no luck..however I did come across a dead bear, but it was kind of odd. What I gathered from the scene was that someone must have dressed a deer, and this bear showed up later on to eat the entrails, and then died? I dunno. I didn't stick around there too long, I didn't notice any exist wound.. or blood trail.. just struck me as odd. Maybe it took an arrow to the other side without a pass through, or maybe I didn't even notice a pass through. There was also no visible tag on it. I don't have a bear tag, nor am I currently interested in eating a bear. Should I just leave that little guy or does someone want it? I'm thinking this didn't happen to long ago cause there was really no foul smell around the bear. Just some flies and bit of blood coming out its nose. Then I was thinking maybe someone was just there and had to go for some reason and come back later. I dunno, what do you guys think? Contact MNR?

post-2222-0-65538400-1378522171_thumb.jp

brookiebuster

Before you do anything with it I'd give the MNR a call just to be safe. Also bear meat is pretty good! Sausages and roasts are tasty when properly prepared and cooked. Not sure what it could of died from though. I would probably not eat it not knowing how long its been there and what it died from. It looks a little mangy from the photo.

"Whack em' and stack em',kill em' and grill em'" Ted Nugent

milspec

Huh, a buddy of mine just told me this, but apparently the area I was in is where the MTO brings road kill, which kinda makes a bit of sense now.

Like a road kill grave yard.

brookiebuster

Found a few road kill "bone yards" over the years.

fisherdude

I wouldn't be sticking around the area if its a boneyard, if you found it I'm sure there's a few other predators in the area tbay have found it to.

brookiebuster

The last time I came across one I found tons of wolf and bear sign.

Kaptain Kirk

it Looks Like Road Kill to Me, From the Bare spots on the Hide, I would think it was hit and drag for a bit. from a Vehicle.