• Donate to T.B.F.

T.B.F. is dependant on donations from users like you! Thank you to those that have made a donation! All donations go back into upgrading the site!

25% of donation goal reached.
    Donate Sidebar by DevFuse
  • Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Some Old Guy

Surplus Moose Tags. Anyone get one?

Some Old Guy

Did any ThunderBay hunters get one of the 375 surplus phone in moose tags?

Heard a rumor that all the long distance calls from Thunder Bay were not getting through that nite.

Roger

R.T.R. Respect the resource!

Fisherman08

You are right Roger! Myself and 8 other friends tried right through till 2 mins to nine, using land lines and cell phones and none of us got through. A little while back on this site just after the surplus tag call in was over, I posted what and how many tags were available for 13, 15b, 16c. Not a right way of doing things I believe.

Travis Schallock

I heard of 1 person from Nakina getting through. But there is an issue with this system and the MNR knows about it. Southern phone lines get priority, over northern lines on the telephone system making it very hard for us to get through. The MNR claims it is not their problem as they can't control it. I drew a tag so didn't try, but have used a call center out of Toronto in past years and got through right away.

Travis Schallock

Nakina Fish and Game Club - President

Jayfishin

Southern Ontario has the phone advantage. Found that out last year. :(

Guess that counteracts our 'Northern Resident' advantage during the initial draw eh.

Jay

Dean

My buddy from T. Bay got through after about an hour of trying, only to find out he wasn't eligible for a surplus tag. I tried for the 3 hours and couldn't get through.